Fly Fishing Pack that holds a 10mm on your chest?

EmperorMA

WKR
Does it exist? I fly fish with my family in the deep backcountry of both Montana and Wyoming and we’ve just had too many encounters with Grizz where bear spray wouldn’t have been an option if a charge had occurred.

I hate fishing from hip packs. I also don’t want to carry a handgun on my belt as I sometimes wade that deep or more.

Is there a chest pack that carries enough fly fishing gear conveniently that will also hold a medium-sized 10mm in a cross chest holster?

Read1t48

WKR
I carry a G20 in a Kenai Chest Holster underneath a mustang style PFD. Jacket over the top in bad weather. Quick unzip for access. If you want an actual bag that can also carry fishing gear, the HPG Kit bag previously mentioned is the ticket. It’s great. Keeps very dry, discreet and relatively quick access. You’ll need a trigger guard cover for it or I would recommend it. I like the one by Raven Concealment System… the Vanguard 2.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My wife just got me a HPG kit bag for my birthday. It does my g20 and plenty of fly boxes, and basic stuff. I’m looking forward to using it.

I agree, check out the Hill People Gear.

I have one, but prefer to dangle a holster below it instead of putting it inside.

a428d0c522f9056fdc5a48b947c36142.jpg

I’ve used my HPG for fishing as well as hiking. Nice way to carry a full size pistol as well as have plenty of storage space for other things.

LoggerDan

WKR
I use a chest pack from work. Lots of loggers use them, as they hold what you need for all day and are very slim and out of the way. I use them for fishing and tromping around with a Kenai gunfighter rig.

The chest packs are slimmer and absolutely cheaper than a hunting brand.

Think granger or other work supply houses.

Mine holds snuff, forceps, fly box, knife and liscence.

Read1t48

WKR
I use a chest pack from work. Lots of loggers use them, as they hold what you need for all day and are very slim and out of the way. I use them for fishing and tromping around with a Kenai gunfighter rig.

The chest packs are slimmer and absolutely cheaper than a hunting brand.

Think granger or other work supply houses.

Mine holds snuff, forceps, fly box, knife and liscence.
Can you share a pic? I’m intrigued.

zacattack

WKR
+1 for the steelhead, the back pocket is designed to carry a sidearm, I also really like the layout and features.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
IMO there isnt another product out there that comes close to the quality and ease of draw than the gunfighters inc chest rigs. You can barely tell its on your chest, all those bulky rigs attached to bino harnesses are a PIA. All my friends get away from those once they try on my kenai.

Gsquared

Lil-Rokslider
Does it exist? I fly fish with my family in the deep backcountry of both Montana and Wyoming and we’ve just had too many encounters with Grizz where bear spray wouldn’t have been an option if a charge had occurred.

I hate fishing from hip packs. I also don’t want to carry a handgun on my belt as I sometimes wade that deep or more.

Is there a chest pack that carries enough fly fishing gear conveniently that will also hold a medium-sized 10mm in a cross chest holster?
Echo highly the general consensus of the Hill People Gear chest rig.
Multi faceted approach that works well in many situations.

Marsupial ?

Find your chest pack you like and sew on straps like under the marsupial bino harness. Then attach their chest holster with your pistol

Voila. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider

I have the largest Hill People Gear Original kit bag and I highly recommend it. I have fished all over grizzly country with it holding a Glock 10mm in an easily accessible but discreet manner along with several fly boxes, nippers, tipper, hemos, etc. it’s one of my favorite purchases.

Wanted to offer one more data point: I can confirm that a G40 easily fits in the back pocket of a full sized HPG SAR kit bag.

Though if I were around grizzlies, I’m not so sure I’d feel comfortable with my handgun in a zipped pocket.

Another note, the Stone Glacier bear spray holster has been working great for me on the underside of the bag.

IMO there isnt another product out there that comes close to the quality and ease of draw than the gunfighters inc chest rigs. You can barely tell its on your chest, all those bulky rigs attached to bino harnesses are a PIA. All my friends get away from those once they try on my kenai.
Do you run a bino harness over it?