Flying In

So still firming up the logistics of my colorado hunt this year. Due to time constraints we are planning to fly in, rent a vehicle then drive home post hunt. The hunt plan itself is pretty solid, but getting to our GMU is where were lacking.

What places have yall been able to get 4x4's from in or around Denver international?

Is a 4x4 a non negotiable must have?

Any other general recommendations about travel from Denver heading SW?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It depends on where you are going, when you are going, and the weather.
Are you going on 4x4 trails? You can get by with 2wd on a lot of forest service roads if the weather is nice, but I've seen AWD trucks with street tires sliding around when it got muddy or snowed.

OP
P
It depends on where you are going, when you are going, and the weather.
Are you going on 4x4 trails? You can get by with 2wd on a lot of forest service roads if the weather is nice, but I've seen AWD trucks with street tires sliding around when it got muddy or snowed.
Plan A will be at the end of what appears to be a well maintained gravel FS road.

Will the FS tell you road conditions if asked?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
I reserved a jeep wrangler 4x4 last year from National out of Denver airport. Get ready for the price tag though.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
We fly into Denver every year to hunt up in WY. We rent a crew cab 4x4 truck each year and have yet to pay more than $30 a day for it. Just look at the different rental companies at the airport, you'll see a deal in there somewhere. These are full size trucks too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

nrh6.7

WKR
I flew into Denver a couple years ago for business and rented a 4x4 Toyota 4runner for a pretty decent price, considering it was in November.