FNG from Canada

JustCarr

FNG
Hi everyone.

I am from Canada and have recently gotten hooked on mule deer. Archery, Rifle, Muzzleloader. Anything mule deer.
I hunt the badlands up here in Saskatchewan but I have a cousin who trains horses in Colorado in steamboat springs. I am currently looking into hunting that area as she might be able to get me some permission on a ranch near Milner in unit 214. If anyone is from that area and would to discuss that area let me know! I am always up for Mule deer talk.

I also plan on hunting Idaho next year with a friend of mine. We don't get to hunt much together anymore since life has taken us in separate directions (on our trip we will have not seen each other for over a year and half). It will be an October OTC rifle hunt. I am kind of curious what the deer migrations is like in Idaho in October. From what I can gather it is basically dependent on snow fall.

Finally, I am considering hunting in North Dakota since it is just south of me and I feel if I scout the area enough I might be able to find a half decent buck (When I was in the fish and game office this December there was a 190" velvet buck mounted in there that one of the game wardens took).

Cheers gentleman,
JustCarr

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome justcarr. Idaho has some units that have lots of deer migration and some where the deer don't move nearly as much. Sounds like your already living in one of the deer mecas up there. Look forward to following along on your journey chasing bucks in the US

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
JustCarr

JustCarr

FNG
What is the migration like in the snake river area? Do you know?