Folding Knife Recommendations

Another Spyderco vote. The delica 4 is my personal favorite. I have had several but I mostly carry a leather man now. I miss the delica 4 but I can’t give up having pliers and a screwdriver in my pocket daily.

Ishisube

Lil-Rokslider
Another Benchmade user here, and while I still have a couple Spyderco models, it's been all Benchmade for the last 10 years or so.

My present carry is the Benchmade 580 Barrage, and while it gets retired from time to time, it always finds its way back into full time carry duty.

It's an open-assisted knife, but the spring can also be removed, and I did that with mine years ago.
BM580_1.jpg

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
Spyderco fan here. I've had the Delica, Endura & PM2. PM2 in a good steel is the perfect gift and won't break the bank.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Really hard to argue against SpyderCo. To me they make a more robust knife than BM. I like BM as well but I prefer the SpyderCO. The Emerson knives are also good. CQC is a great choice that is ready when you need it.
Good luck!

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
I skipped the read so this may have been said.
If you can swing it, Chris Reeve Sebenza. It's a gift that would be cherished.

Rambo85

FNG
JMO the spyderco paramilitary 2 is the best pocket knife you can have, it’s sizable, barely notice it’s in your pocket and it is as good or better than any benchmade

I skipped the read so this may have been said.
If you can swing it, Chris Reeve Sebenza. It's a gift that would be cherished.
I second this! Quality knife that will absolutely take any abuse you can throw at it and keep working beautifully in terms of steel, action and warranty.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
The Hogue Deka in Magnacut for $150 changed the game.

Magnacut steel is my new fave. And the Hogue version of the Axis lock is rock solid and smooth as butter.

Been using it to open up my hogs and snip their tails and it’s holding an edge like magic.

With the deep carry clip it mostly disappears, and the clip point is a very non-threatening profile.

My brother is graduating from bootcamp in a few months and as a gift I'd like to get him a nice folding knife. I've mostly just been looking at Benchmade because I'm familiar with the quality, but open to other recommendations too.

Their selection is immense. Wanted to see what qualities he might find useful as a combat MP. My initial thought was a drop point blade with a serrated edge. I'm avoiding the auto open models because I don't think I can take ownership of those as a civilian.

As a hunter and outdoorsman I know what I would like out of a quality knife, but for you active and retired military members what features would you find important? Thanks!
What did you decide on?

Slalomnorth

Lil-Rokslider
My new favorite is the civivi sokoke. Its a mkrd budget friendly knife but i find the steel, heat treat, and geometry to be excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mioduz

FNG
Benchmade stryker is hugely popular in the Mil world and a great knife for hard use