Food for thought...saved by my gun

.380 in my front pocket, goes with me just about everywhere.
5c6b22544802f916ba5207f61de829eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My father was a cop for almost 15 years. He told me two things:
1. If you use your sidearm, when the police arrive pull out the mag, rack the slide back, set it down and kick it away, then comply with what they say, and say "I will not be making any statements without my lawyer present" every single thing that comes out of your mouth will be noted and can be used against you. The cops will not hold this against you or take it personal.

2. If your going to pull it use it. It's the LAST resort you have left, if it's a situation that has escalated to needing to draw your firearm then it's time to use it as well.

The second one people may not agree with, but it spoke to how quickly people were willing to pull a firearm. I cannot tell you how many people my father had to arrest because they "brandished a weapon"
Your sidearm is not a deterrent to aggressive action, it is the final and swift response to a deadly situation.

Every situation Is different and I'm the last to judge anyone's actions in a high stress situation but if it leaves my holster, unfortunately it's going to be used.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My father was a cop for almost 15 years. He told me two things:
1. If you use your sidearm, when the police arrive pull out the mag, rack the slide back, set it down and kick it away, then comply with what they say, and say "I will not be making any statements without my lawyer present" every single thing that comes out of your mouth will be noted and can be used against you. The cops will not hold this against you or take it personal.

2. If your going to pull it use it. It's the LAST resort you have left, if it's a situation that has escalated to needing to draw your firearm then it's time to use it as well.

The second one people may not agree with, but it spoke to how quickly people were willing to pull a firearm. I cannot tell you how many people my father had to arrest because they "brandished a weapon"
Your sidearm is not a deterrent to aggressive action, it is the final and swift response to a deadly situation.

Every situation Is different and I'm the last to judge anyone's actions in a high stress situation but if it leaves my holster, unfortunately it's going to be used.

Read and memorize this first advice.

And, if you pull a gun, it is as a last resort. So, you had better be ready to pull the trigger. It isn't for de-escalation, it is for stopping a deadly threat with deadly force.

Fortunately, there are many times when the deadly threat can be stopped without pulling the trigger. But, if a gun comes out, you will have to explain it to police. If you cannot identify an actual and imminently deadly threat, you are in trouble.

Read and memorize this first advice.

And, if you pull a gun, it is as a last resort. So, you had better be ready to pull the trigger. It isn't for de-escalation, it is for stopping a deadly threat with deadly force.

Fortunately, there are many times when the deadly threat can be stopped without pulling the trigger. But, if a gun comes out, you will have to explain it to police. If you cannot identify an actual and imminently deadly threat, you are in trouble.

That's the catch 22 that crushes guys in court, if you didn't fire the gun you didn't feel there was an immediate threat. It's argued that you the defendant felt that just the sight of the gun would deter the threat, a threat that had you actually felt was an immediate threat to life would have ended in discharge of the weapon. It sucks and my father has seen good people get destroyed by lawyers in court because of it. Now WE know that's horseshit but unfortunately that's how the world is now.

Some states are MUCH more lenient in this, in California you better almost be dead from a beating before you pull a sidearm.

So many cases every week that actually were reported to the cops....that you never see in the liberal media
NRA Armed citizen link
https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen.aspx

In fairness you don't really see it in any large media outlet. There's a ton of stuff in local news that never goes national.

What I don't like is click bate titles that every newspaper seems to be so fond of. I read an article the other day and I READ 90% of the article before it was revealed the man shot was an intruder in a mans home with a knife. The headline was, "Man shot 4 times in myrtletown area in critical condition".
Almost as bad as "officers gun down young man on Main Street Sunday morning" oh you mean the young man high on meth, who stole a car and fired a gun at pedestrians and cops while driving a car the wrong way down a one way??

44ish people are killed in the Us everyday, I don't expect to hear about everyone.

Been you live what 4-6 hours max from me depending on slides and weather and such, and I doubt you heard about either of those cases.

Last edited: