For all the small town folk.

CNP Mike

FNG
Is it just where I am at or has your home town been over run by city folk lately? Not to sh*t on everyone from the city...

Last edited:
Yes. Its usually the dodge truck out of state welding douchebags. Love to complain about everything except the money they are making.

OP
CNP Mike

CNP Mike

FNG
Definitely a bit frustrating when they act like they own everything. Get glared at for fishing the stream that runs 5 min from your front door. Litter everywhere. There’s also an issue where I’m at with people parking their $60,000 RV’s on public to claim a spot weeks at a time only to come down on weekends. Covid definitely made things worse.

Last edited:

LostArra

WKR
Definitely a bit frustrating when they act like they own everything. Get glared at for fishing the stream that runs 5 min from your front door. Litter everywhere. There’s also an issue where I’m at with people parking their $60,000 RV’s on public to claim a spot weeks at a time only to come down on weekends. Covid definitely made things worse.

Exploring the culture of littering probably needs it's own forum thread. I live in a rural area just far enough out that folks feel inclined to drive out here and dump their yard trash, old carpets, tires and even televisions on the road sides.

Early one morning I followed a pickup with a load of junk wandering all over the country roads. I know he was looking for a place to dump it but I stayed right behind him until he gave up and headed to the interstate.

Why is this in the archery section?

Last edited:

Coues123

FNG
I guess to be optimistic Covid has not affected our small town much. We have 1 gas station/store where everybody knows everyone. 90% don't wear masks, people go about life in a normal fashion. We still talk to the neighbor over the fence if you happen to meet. We go to church, help the needy, swap hunting stories while getting gas, laugh at no toilet paper, go to Walmart once every week or every other week.
Our local forest service employee almost quit this summer over the onslaught of city folks littering the campgrounds and everything in between. It amazes me how many threw their diapers out the window.

Tradchef

WKR
My home town in Vermont had 300 people in it growing up and was crushed by out of staters building lake front homes they spent one week a year in but seemed to control our local politics, property tax, social issues, so on and so forth. I moved to montana after culinary school years ago to get away from that shit. Over the last 5 years Bozeman has changed. Some good comes from it but the arrogance, bitching about how bad cali, seattle, portland, New York and florida suck, but bring that mindset with them. All this town gives a shit about is wealth and power and lots of it. It’s turning into a one sided community which is what I saw happen back home and it just becomes unattainable for common folk. Then they complain that no one wants to move there and who can possibly do these menial jobs that god forbid the trustafariens that suck off mom and dads wealth would ever do.....it’s concerning for sure.

FLAK

WKR
I finally got moved out of FL., 3 1/2 years ago and moved back to my home
state. My wife and I were just the other night talking about how since we moved,
this "rural" area has grown exponentially. Was planning on retiring here. Maybe not.

Vandal 44

WKR
I live in a small town, had a new neighbor move in from California. (the little area I live in everyone owns 5 to 10 acres). I was shooting my bow in the back part of my property, Cali neighbor comes over and tells me that if I do not stop shooting my bow he will call the sheriff. I reply "call the sheriff and when he gets here I will have you arrested for trespassing" 10 min later local sheriff pulls in we chat for a few minutes we a had a good laugh. While the sheriff and I are talking Cali neighbor comes down getting all kinds of snotty. The sheriff tells the Cali neighbor "if he wants to shoot a gun in his yard he can, welcome to country living"

These people (a majority of the liberals) moving into small towns (a majority conservatives) need to remember why they left the places they left. I get tired of them coming in trying to change our small town ways.

Badseed

WKR
I live in a small hill town in California where everyone has 20+ acres and with the real estate market the way it is our neighbor sold his place to some people from the bay area, big city types. The week they moved in I was outside shooting at my range and the neighbor quickly came over, knocked on the door and asked my wife if I shoot often. She replied with “only a few times a week”. He smiled walked away and didn’t acknowledge us for weeks. Now he comes over and asks questions about what kinds of firearms he should get and is interested in learning how to shoot. Sometimes people just need the right environment to understand why we do the things we do, hunt, fish and enjoy the the outdoors. Most people from the city simply don’t get it unless their parents provided them good experiences of the outdoors and taught them the rules that seem like common sense to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk