For Guides: Under-The-Radar Prodeals

Ultraheight

Lil-Rokslider
What is the most surprising brands with prodeals you outdoor guides have seen? As a guide, I have benefitting hugely from prodeals over the years and am always surprised what types of companies have them. Even Mountain House! What are your under-the-radar prodeals? Doesn't apply to standard optics, clothes, packable gear, etc.

It’s always interesting to see who offers a legit pro deal or who uses a marked up msrp and a discount off that. Most of the time you can find great deals on eBay similar to or better than what some companies offer as a “pro deal”

Zeiss offers a percentage off of MAP pricing, so id consider that one a good deal.

What is the most surprising brands with prodeals you outdoor guides have seen? As a guide, I have benefitting hugely from prodeals over the years and am always surprised what types of companies have them. Even Mountain House! What are your under-the-radar prodeals? Doesn't apply to standard optics, clothes, packable gear, etc.
The reply from Tango 1, posted above, is absolutely correct.

I was involved in the outdoor industry for a long time, both mountaineering and hunting, I understand the discounts on both sides. Don't be fooled....the 'Pro Deals' for hunters are generally not that great, in comparison to other segments of the outdoor industry. They're basically offering you a discount price without a lot of hassle.... which is similar to the pricing other hunters can find by shopping the sales. In general, you're not getting the same wholesale pricing that dealers do. True pro deals are the same as wholesale pricing, or in some cases, can be slightly lower.

Last edited:
Ultraheight, friendly piece of advice from an outdoor industry veteran......this type of post is what companies are talking about when they ask you, as part of the registration process, not to openly discuss pro-deals. You wouldn’t believe the headaches it generates. First rule of Fight Club.....

Understood. I think the brands also overplay the secrecy just a bit. If you are heavily involved in the outdoors I think you know that they exist. Also often applies to Law Enforcement/firefighters and often Federal/NPS/NF Rangers employees, bringing the group eligible to several million people. Some brands goes as far as having a time of the year near Christmas where you can openly order for other people (therefore it is by definition general knowledge). I talk about them in general terms, not specifics.

Back