FORLOH

Mine came in, they are lighter than the attack pants. I’d say more along the lines of a Sitka ascents. Fit I would describe as a bit slim, but not too slim. Similar to my attack and ascent pants, not quite as baggy as the timberlines.

I’ll post more when I get to wear them a bit. Atleast for the winter they are solely an everyday pant for me.
Good to know. I need to get me some!

Yeah, they should get tall inseam pants out before starting work on packs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

At sheep show they told me they have 7500 SKUs not sure how they can have all that tested and engineered and gone through already. Good news is they had a bathing suit already figured out so that’s out of the way on the list of things to do lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tecker123

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
At sheep show they told me they have 7500 SKUs not sure how they can have all that tested and engineered and gone through already. Good news is they had a bathing suit already figured out so that’s out of the way on the list of things to do lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forloh has an army of influencers, pros, and guides that test products before they launch. You have to remember one style has several sku’s for sizing and color way. It’s still the same garment that is being tested. My humble opinion is if you want the best of the best and American made, there is only one choice and that’s Forloh.

123 replies…
You guys are taking about “Sheep Shows” and Attack pants 34in waist vs. FORLOH’s 36in waist.

CAMO BIKINIS

That’s it. CAMO BIKINIS. I live an hour and a half away. I’m taking my better half to Whitefish. We’re going to buy 1 or more CAMO BIKINIS, plus some other shit she thinks is super cute and will be great for hunting, super warm, ultra light…I don’t give a shit. I’ll buy it. Then we’re going out for a non-kid dinner and I will drink (3-4) 7-9% double New England IPAs.
Boom.
That was my IOU Christmas present and she can’t wait.

ianpadron

WKR
Been in/out of the FORLOH store in Whitefish now a couple times. Have only picked up a couple of their BRRR hoodies for fishing, hunting, hiking so far. Have not been convinced to scoop any of their hunting line yet...

The sizing is soooo bad on the pants, curious to see how the new tall sizes work. I wear a 34 or 36 in Kuiu depending on the pant, and 34 in Sitka. I'm 6'2" and about 200 pounds. I've always liked the fact that Kuiu and Sitka pants are tapered fit, and have room around the butt/thighs for guys that lift weights, without being boxy/baggy.

The 34s at FORLOH were about 3" too short in the inseam and bell-bottom like on the cuff, and the 36s could have fit another 4-5" of quad and waist circumference in them. No in-between size. Bummer deal because the fabric that they use is about as light/comfy as I've ever touched. Literally feels like high-end workout apparel but with reinforcements all over the place. The poly face fabric worries me (similar to KUIU attacks) with regards to durability but I won't comment on that until I can run a pair in the mountains for a season.

Rain pants, same thing. The Larges were MASSIVE, the Mediums were 3-4" short, but perfect waist. Hoping they get the sizing figured out because the fabric/features on the pants are really impressive. Full Length zipper, crotch zippers for venting, waterproof pockets...pretty awesome stuff.

Down jacket...not sure I understand their thought process on that one. 650 fill duck down vs the plethora of 800-900 fill goose down competitors, no hood, not even worth considering in terms of warmth to weight.

I'm going to keep rooting for them, their commitment to 100% American made technical apparel is more than admirable in 2022, cool employees, and I like being able to see items in-person right up the street.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Been in/out of the FORLOH store in Whitefish now a couple times. Have only picked up a couple of their BRRR hoodies for fishing, hunting, hiking so far. Have not been convinced to scoop any of their hunting line yet...

The sizing is soooo bad on the pants, curious to see how the new tall sizes work. I wear a 34 or 36 in Kuiu depending on the pant, and 34 in Sitka. I'm 6'2" and about 200 pounds. I've always liked the fact that Kuiu and Sitka pants are tapered fit, and have room around the butt/thighs for guys that lift weights, without being boxy/baggy.

The 34s at FORLOH were about 3" too short in the inseam and bell-bottom like on the cuff, and the 36s could have fit another 4-5" of quad and waist circumference in them. No in-between size. Bummer deal because the fabric that they use is about as light/comfy as I've ever touched. Literally feels like high-end workout apparel but with reinforcements all over the place. The poly face fabric worries me (similar to KUIU attacks) with regards to durability but I won't comment on that until I can run a pair in the mountains for a season.

Rain pants, same thing. The Larges were MASSIVE, the Mediums were 3-4" short, but perfect waist. Hoping they get the sizing figured out because the fabric/features on the pants are really impressive. Full Length zipper, crotch zippers for venting, waterproof pockets...pretty awesome stuff.

Down jacket...not sure I understand their thought process on that one. 650 fill duck down vs the plethora of 800-900 fill goose down competitors, no hood, not even worth considering in terms of warmth to weight.

I'm going to keep rooting for them, their commitment to 100% American made technical apparel is more than admirable in 2022, cool employees, and I like being able to see items in-person right up the street.
650 down is because that's the highest level of US- sourced down that is available currently. That's their mantra, US made AND sourced. When did they finally release tall sizes? Been waiting a year for them to do that.

ianpadron

WKR
650 down is because that's the highest level of US- sourced down that is available currently. That's their mantra, US made AND sourced. When did they finally release tall sizes? Been waiting a year for them to do that.

The gal at the store said they'd have their first shipment of tall pants in 2 weeks. Unfortunately they're starting with 44s and going down from there LOL so it might be another year until the 32s and 34s show up

fwafwow

WKR

I pulled the trigger on the SolAir pants today - 36 waist. I am also 6’2” and about 200 lbs., so I hope I didn’t move too quickly. I will report back on the fit after they arrive.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The gal at the store said they'd have their first shipment of tall pants in 2 weeks. Unfortunately they're starting with 44s and going down from there LOL so it might be another year until the 32s and 34s show up
Good grief. What freaking market are they targeting?

fwafwow

WKR
Here are my long-winded thoughts on my first Forloh purchase - the Insect Shield SolAir pants and shirt. The closest set of existing hunting clothes I have are the Sitka ESW pants and shirt, and while they are not exactly the same, I will compare them in some instances.
  1. Timing - my order was placed the morning of 4/5 and the items were delivered by mid-afternoon on 4/7. I live in GA, so it wasn't a local shipment.
  2. Overall impression. The quality spoken about above is apparent, especially in the stitching. These are, however, pretty lightweight pieces, so construction might be better judged with heavier items.
  3. Fit. I'm 6'2" and about 205 lbs - with a bit of that around my gut. My Sitka sizes are XL upper and 36 Tall in pants (including ESW for both). My FL sizes vary a bit, but are usually L for upper and pants.
    • The Forloh L shirt fits very well and I'm confident I could wear something beneath it.
    • The waist of the 36" Forloh and Sitka pants are very similar - although the Forloh might be a tad more snug around my hips. The length is fine - but the Forloh pants are 2" shorter (overall and inseam) than the Sitka 36T.
  4. Price.
    • I paid $119 and $139 (on sale) for the Sitka ESW shirt and pants back in 2018. They now list on the Sitka page for $103 and $119 ($221 total), and may be on the way out and/or outdated.
    • My Forloh shirt and pants were $84.15 and $135.15 (on sale for 15% off buying both together), so a total very close to the ESW set.
  5. Build and miscellaneous.
    • Pockets:
      • The Forloh shirt doesn't have a pocket, but the ESW does have a zippered chest pocket. One of these might be nice to add, but would presumably add to the cost.
      • The Forloh pants have 4 pockets - two regular pants pockets, and two zippered pockets - one on the right back, and one on the right front leg. The ESW has almost too many pockets to count. Nothing on the back, two regular pants pockets, and then a complicated pair of pockets, one on each upper leg. The main pocket is buttoned (but just one - and stuff can fall out), with two more pockets within that pocket, along with another zipper pocket on top of the main pocket.
      • The ESW pants have better pocket options, including on both upper legs. If I'm sitting I might not use the back pocket in the Forloh pants.
    • The ESW shirt and pants have some mesh that helps with heat, but mesh might be counterproductive for insects. The ESW shirt is also button up and lacks a hood, so the build comparison is limited.
  6. Conclusion. I'm very happy with the purchase so far. While I would give the nod in pocket options to the ESW pants, I'm guessing I probably don't need the full set of complicated Sitka pockets, and a primary differentiator in this Forloh set is the insect treatment. The ESW clothing provides ZERO protection against mosquitoes - they drill right through that stuff.

Here are my long-winded thoughts on my first Forloh purchase - the Insect Shield SolAir pants and shirt. The closest set of existing hunting clothes I have are the Sitka ESW pants and shirt, and while they are not exactly the same, I will compare them in some instances.
  1. Timing - my order was placed the morning of 4/5 and the items were delivered by mid-afternoon on 4/7. I live in GA, so it wasn't a local shipment.
  2. Overall impression. The quality spoken about above is apparent, especially in the stitching. These are, however, pretty lightweight pieces, so construction might be better judged with heavier items.
  3. Fit. I'm 6'2" and about 205 lbs - with a bit of that around my gut. My Sitka sizes are XL upper and 36 Tall in pants (including ESW for both). My FL sizes vary a bit, but are usually L for upper and pants.
    • The Forloh L shirt fits very well and I'm confident I could wear something beneath it.
    • The waist of the 36" Forloh and Sitka pants are very similar - although the Forloh might be a tad more snug around my hips. The length is fine - but the Forloh pants are 2" shorter (overall and inseam) than the Sitka 36T.
  4. Price.
    • I paid $119 and $139 (on sale) for the Sitka ESW shirt and pants back in 2018. They now list on the Sitka page for $103 and $119 ($221 total), and may be on the way out and/or outdated.
    • My Forloh shirt and pants were $84.15 and $135.15 (on sale for 15% off buying both together), so a total very close to the ESW set.
  5. Build and miscellaneous.
    • Pockets:
      • The Forloh shirt doesn't have a pocket, but the ESW does have a zippered chest pocket. One of these might be nice to add, but would presumably add to the cost.
      • The Forloh pants have 4 pockets - two regular pants pockets, and two zippered pockets - one on the right back, and one on the right front leg. The ESW has almost too many pockets to count. Nothing on the back, two regular pants pockets, and then a complicated pair of pockets, one on each upper leg. The main pocket is buttoned (but just one - and stuff can fall out), with two more pockets within that pocket, along with another zipper pocket on top of the main pocket.
      • The ESW pants have better pocket options, including on both upper legs. If I'm sitting I might not use the back pocket in the Forloh pants.
    • The ESW shirt and pants have some mesh that helps with heat, but mesh might be counterproductive for insects. The ESW shirt is also button up and lacks a hood, so the build comparison is limited.
  6. Conclusion. I'm very happy with the purchase so far. While I would give the nod in pocket options to the ESW pants, I'm guessing I probably don't need the full set of complicated Sitka pockets, and a primary differentiator in this Forloh set is the insect treatment. The ESW clothing provides ZERO protection against mosquitoes - they drill right through that stuff.
Nice write up. This is what i keep saying to people that balk at the pricing. Go look at the comparable top end mountain hunting clothing that isnt made in America, its pretty damn similar for the most part. Forloh definitely isnt perfect but im very happy with my gear, they're doing great considering how new they are IMO

Sadler

WKR
Anybody try their deep space half zips? Curious how you guys would compare it to a SG or Sitka heavyweight hoody.

fwafwow

WKR
Any further thoughts on the Allclima Stretch pants? Looks like @AttackMode, @4dcfries and @MtnsCalling may have tried them.

@ForlohFamily and @Tecker123 - I’ve got the SolAir pants and they fit pretty well, including the length. Your website mentions sizing up for the Allclima but not the SolAir - so should I go up one waist size and stick with regular length?

Sorry to post on Easter - but the sale ends at midnight

Any further thoughts on the Allclima Stretch pants? Looks like @AttackMode, @4dcfries and @MtnsCalling may have tried them.

@ForlohFamily and @Tecker123 - I’ve got the SolAir pants and they fit pretty well, including the length. Your website mentions sizing up for the Allclima but not the SolAir - so should I go up one waist size and stick with regular length?

Sorry to post on Easter - but the sale ends at midnight
I am a 32"x30" and have the Stretch Woven pants in 32. The waist fit is similar to Kuiu Talus I have in 32. I can wear a base layer and Duckworth Powder pants (similar to a sweatpant) and it's still comfortable. I don't think I would put anymore underneath them. They are pretty wind resistant, stretchy, breathable, and very comfortable. I love the pockets and the zippers are great too. I would order whatever size you think you'd be most comfortable with, try them with/without layers and if you're not happy they have free returns to get you fitted right. Or order both sizes and return the pair you don't want. Either way their return process is very smooth and hassle free. I highly recommend them and can't wait for more stuff to become available. Hope this helps.

I agree the stretch pants are awesome. I wear a 32x32 and i ordered up and got a 34, fit is great. If i were any taller than i am(6') they would be too short probably. Looks like they finally have all the tall sizes available too, i know some guys on here have been waiting a long time for those lol

I also have that deep space quarter zip and its great. Good base layer late season and wasnt too warm at all during last years hot archery season here, i did mostly wear the sol air hoody but switched to the quarter zip once that got too grungy about halfway through season since i stayed out for 3 weeks straight. I briefly owned the SG hoody so I'll try and compare them off memory but i sold it quite a while ago, so take this with a grain of salt. The fit is more athlethic on the forloh and the material is more comfortable next to skin. The SG was baggier and felt like more of a mid to outer layer piece IIRC

fwafwow

WKR
I need more pants like a hole in the head, but I bought the Allclima Stretch pants. I stuck with the same waist but went with Tall. I will report back.

fwafwow

WKR
I had to make my most recent purchase based on what I could discern from other users' posts and the Forloh website - no answers from Forloh to my above question. FWIW, here's my take on the Allclima Stretch and the Technical Belt.
  1. Belt. I guess I'm too used to how belts normally work. I tried to figure it out on my own, then through YouTube and eventually had to resort to the chat feature. When that wasn't clear I made a call to CS. Best news is that they were Johnny-on-the-spot as far as chat response time and answering the phone. But for me, this belt doesn't work in a way that makes sense to me, even after I confirmed I was doing it correctly. I will be returning it.
  2. Allclima Stretch pants. I'm 6'2" and weigh around 200lbs. I purchased the same size waist (36) but this time in tall. These remind me of some Kuiu pants (not sure of name, but it is made with Toray) and Sitka Dakota pants, at least as far as the material on the outside (although those each have a fuzzy lining).
    • Fit
      • The tall are a bit too long, even wearing boots.
      • The 36 size is a bit snug in the waist, and in the thighs - and I'm not in any way some big weight lifting guy. And if I went to a 38 waist, the length would increase by another 1/2". So I guess I'm a 38 regular in these pants, and 36 regular in the SolAir.
      • Yes, the website does warn of an athletic fit and suggests going up a size if you're in between sizes, but I didn't think I was in between and would prefer similar sizing in the same brand.
    • Features
      • The pockets and zippers are great, and while someone (somewhere) said the front "normal" pocket isn't deep, it was plenty deep for my large phone.
      • The knee pads seem a bit big/long to me, but I guess I could get used to them.
      • I like the vent zips - but I didn't wear these outside.
      • There is a rather large label inside the pants that coincidentally makes it feel (at least to me) like I have a card, or hunting license, in my back left pocket. Maybe too much of me being like the Princess and the Pea, but it's annoying.
    • Bottom line
      • These are very sturdy and well made pants, and the price was not an issue (I got them on sale as a returning customer).
      • BUT - I'm sending them back due to the fit, the back pocket thing and because of the knee pads (which might be overkill for my needs anyway).
      • I will buy more from them, and like the return policy - otherwise I probably would not have tried out the above.