Forums Are Dead!

prm

WKR
Odd. Generate a lot of revenue, more posts than ever, yet dead?

Nothing wrong with skeptics. We all need to be able to filter other’s inputs. No original idea is actually stopped by a forum. Originators of new ideas are often enamored with the method, and fail to effectively convey the resulting benefit. If you can convey the benefit, and it remains valid in the face of skepticism, forums are no threat.

DanimalW

WKR
Seems like a rather ignorant take to me. Yes, there are a lot of internet trolls out there, but anyone pitching a new idea should welcome the feedback of concerns from their users. That’s how you make things better. Bringing new ideas or products to market involves a lot more than having a good idea or product. It involves an understanding of the needs and demands of the consumers. There’s a reason that professional skeptics exist, and it’s likely because they’ve been burned in the past by companies that sold faulty products. I for one enjoy hearing the reviews and thoughts of others, especially when they are not being incentivized to do so.

Bucking the trend has always been a challenge for new ideas. Forums do not change that. Maybe we should just get all of our information from manufacturers brochures and hunting show endorsements? I’m sure some folks would appreciate that.

colby12

WKR
I like forums, especially this one, I can see his viewpoint and understand it to an extent, it I think. Call me skeptical, but if you’re trying to push a new idea, it should be able to hold some weight on its own, and you should expect some level of criticism. Not sure why I spent 20ish minutes watching that or even responding but I think we’ve got a good thing going on here.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Interesting how the guy who makes high dollar reloading equipment and uses forums to pump his gear.... says forums are dead. Neat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
I got about 15 mins in and was done. Basically what I got out of it, "Don't go to Snipershide." :LOL:

bozeman

WKR
discord feeds (and the like) and virtual marketplace are where its headed. I am surprised we haven't seen more outdoor companies with a presence in the metaverse for recruiting younger customers. Can you imagine someone in Sandbox or Decentraland sporting a Kifaru or Exo backpack? hmmmm.........

Rob5589

WKR
He got what he wanted; attention. I went to his website to see what he sold. Nothing for me there but it was counted as a view.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
forums seem like the only place you can get a real world review of the product or how to's that are actually helpful. sure you have weed through some BS, but overall if i'm researching a product its where i look