Front fiber optic sight for .36 dovetail

So I have a cva big bore mountain rifle in 54 with a front 0.36 dovetail. Does anybody make a front fiber optic sight for that dovetail or do I just need to file down a 3/8 dovetail sight?

thought about a Lyman globe with a euro (.36) cut, but worried it would suck in low light.

Here’s one, Marbles makes the .360 Euro Dovetail front sights as well

The Lyman 17 Series Globes are AWESOME on Targets, I have them on Several of my Muzzleloaders, But they do SUCK in low light, Probably the Worst option out there for a Hunting Sight in my opinion.

Lewis:

Good input. I suspect it’s not too hard to use a triangle file to shave off some material of a 3/8 (.375) insert to drop it to .36.

It’s an easy Task 👍 I have opened .360 Euro Dovetails on Barrels to 3/8” and Taken 3/8 Sights down to .360, They make an actual 3 Corner Dovetail File With “Safe Side” And since it’s For Gunsmithing they are RIDICULOUSLY Expensive (Like 40 bucks for a little File) I made my own, You can make the Same thing yourself Cheap. Simply buy a Small 6” 3 Corner File such as a Nicholson (Good Brand) Take 1 side of it to Sanding Disc, Like a Bench top Belt Sander with the Solid Disc Wheel, Use the Solid Disc Wheel since it’s a Flat solid surface, Sand the File Cutting surface off 1 Side Only, making it slick/smooth, You now have a ”Safe side” File, This allows the File to Slide back n forth on the Portion you DON’T Want to Cut. Simple process 👍

Back