Globe insert with small fiber optic?

eltaco

WKR
I began muzzleloader hunting only a couple of seasons ago, and have spent the past 17yrs or so hunting exclusively with a bow. In that time, I’ve figured out my sight preference and recognize how significant sight picture can be to down range accuracy.

Now that I’ve moved to shooting the muzzy more and more, I find myself let down by the sight options I’ve seen. I hunted my first season with a glove sight with lee shaver reticles, and found one that I could be accurate with to long range, but as expected that sight picture faded quickly in low light situations.

This year, I picked up a Williams fiber optic globe insert, but find the fiber size to cover too much target. It’s a 0.029” pin, and I’d really prefer to have a 0.010” fiber for accuracy at distance. I’m considering fabricating a new insert on my own, but don’t have the tools to make something so precise, and figure a 3D printed part will let me down eventually.

Does anybody make a sight with 0.010” or 0.019” fiber and narrow post? I’m on the lookout.

Not any widely available commercial options but there is a member on the MonsterMuleys forum fabricating one with a .010 fiber optic. Go over there and hit up elkhuntn247.

OP
E

eltaco

WKR
Not any widely available commercial options but there is a member on the MonsterMuleys forum fabricating one with a .010 fiber optic. Go over there and hit up elkhuntn247.

Thank you. Signed up over there and sent him a message. I couldn’t find any specific thread on the subject, so looking forward to hearing back.

Buckslyr

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the referral EIDiablito. Im on Rokslide as well, just under the user name Buckslyr.

Eltaco is looking for an option for Knight rifles. currently we don't have anything designed around them, but getting a lot of requests. so anyone interested in an option for knight rifles please let me know, so I can continue to evaluate the demand.

and you are correct, we have been manufacturing the front sights for arrowhead rifles. currently arrowhead has been the only way to get one of these sights as we continue R&D, and try to build into an actual company. those sights are built to Arrowheads specs for his rifles. We are about to receive a handful of sights back from our anodizer that are designed specifically for the Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader. CVA Paramount sights will follow soon.

if anyone reading this thread is interested in more information, shoot me a PM

OP
E

eltaco

WKR
Thanks for the referral EIDiablito. Im on Rokslide as well, just under the user name Buckslyr.

Eltaco is looking for an option for Knight rifles. currently we don't have anything designed around them, but getting a lot of requests. so anyone interested in an option for knight rifles please let me know, so I can continue to evaluate the demand.

and you are correct, we have been manufacturing the front sights for arrowhead rifles. currently arrowhead has been the only way to get one of these sights as we continue R&D, and try to build into an actual company. those sights are built to Arrowheads specs for his rifles. We are about to receive a handful of sights back from our anodizer that are designed specifically for the Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader. CVA Paramount sights will follow soon.

Sent you a message on that other site

Really appreciate what you’re trying to do. Can’t wait to get something on my Knight when you’re ready for it. Looks like a near perfect design to me, and I’m glad to see a much better option on the market than what’s been traditionally available.

Loco4dux

WKR

I sent you a PM, I would also buy one.

OP
E

eltaco

WKR
Yessir, you already have my info, but I’d also love to be on the list for a Knight front sight.

Lower also works well for my setup, and threaded installation would be preferred to retain the factory ramrod location. Might as well throw my wishlist in if you’re creating something new

Absolutely love to see you putting this design together. It’s a major void in the available sight options out there IMO. Todays iron or fiber sight options reduce effective max range and/or effective low-light performance just based on sight design alone IMO.

Buckslyr

Lil-Rokslider
We have fit our current sight to an encore. But are hoping to come out with a more specific design for the flat top guns. Like encores, and accuras

Can you send me some pics? I like the idea of a smaller fiber optic. The Williams western precision is OK but not my favorite. Thanks Brian

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider

I also would be interested in one for a Knight