Game Bags For Moose Drop Camp

Voyageur

WKR
My old cotton bags finally wore out after many years.
View attachment 247181
I bought the six pack of TAG bags 28 X 60 inches each and
I was so impressed with the reduced weight/volume,
I bought another six pack for my hunting partner.
I like the sled. Any idea of its measurements? I'm assuming because it isn't a roll-up model the hunt pictured wasn't a fly-in hunt?
Thanks.

ColeyG

WKR
I like the Caribou Gear Moose set as well. I am a big fan of the TAG bags for lighter duty applications or where weight and bulk are of greater concern. The Caribou gear bags are a little more durable and this kit/combo seems just right for how I like to break down and organize meat.

Some pilots/services will want your meat boned out and in 50lb packages. If that is the case, the larger bags that come in the moose kit won't be as user friendly as the smaller sizes like the Caribou Predator kits etc.

I also like that the caribou bags have some reflective material built in. Handy for checking on meat in the night and/or making sure the man in the brown suit hasn't made off with some in the dark.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's rare but sometimes Supercub pilots ask for moose to be de-boned in legal areas (some require bones in).

In the case of deboning a moose, here's the set we created for such a task:

In Renfro's areas, about half have a potential for wet and muddy conditions. If leg bones stay attached, having two 28x60 bag sets per moose allow hunters to replace old bloody/dirty bags after a few days to be washed in the creek. This rotation of clean bags extends the shelf life of your meat by a day or two, especially for odor absorption control.