Game bags, US made options

Lawnboi

WKR
Interested in hearing what others have. My only set of US made bags is kifaru, and they are a little bulky for backpacking. Curious what other quality options are out there?

Sick of buying game bags with made in China tags.

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
Argali bags are made in USA and highly regarded. Born and Raised bags have a unique zippered bag that says "assembled in the USA". Grakksaw has ultra light weight bags made in USA. Hard to get ordered though. I do not have these bags... I use Caribou Gear, and like them but I can sympathies with you quest to buy American. I'm constantly trying to shift my purchases too

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Argali bags are made in USA and highly regarded. Born and Raised bags have a unique zippered bag that says "assembled in the USA". Grakksaw has ultra light weight bags made in USA. Hard to get ordered though. I do not have these bags... I use Caribou Gear, and like them but I can sympathies with you quest to buy American. I'm constantly trying to shift my purchases too
I’ve got and like the argali, unfortunately they are made overseas.

TaperPin

WKR
Regular king size pillow cases are light and strong enough to hang full of meat - $9.27 for two. $7.97 on sale.

edit: Out of curiosity I had to check Kifaru prices - holy smokes.

There’s no way to get all the smell of meat out of nylon and in griz country I wouldn’t want that anywhere near camp at night. If their bags were the same price as pillow cases I’d still trash them after a use.

Last edited:
I prefer the material on the caribou gear bags over that of the argali.

Recently, I bought a set of gohunt bags. They're nicely shaped but there's no way all of the meat I take off an elk fits in the set. Four quarter bags and one very small miscellaneous bag. No idea where they're sewn.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Marsupial Gear. Made in USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you compared them to argali or caribou?

I should have probably mentioned in the OP that I’ve used black ovis, caribou, argali, and Kifaru quite a bit. Of them only kifaru is made in the US.

I also don’t like how much meat sticks to the caribou and black ovis. Iv ripped and cut more than a couple now.

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
Regular king size pillow cases are light and strong enough to hang full of meat - $9.27 for two. $7.97 on sale.

edit: Out of curiosity I had to check Kifaru prices - holy smokes.

There’s no way to get all the smell of meat out of nylon and in griz country I wouldn’t want that anywhere near camp at night. If their bags were the same price as pillow cases I’d still trash them after a use.
But are your pillow cases made in USA? ; )

jc_at_aq

FNG
Mystery Ranch starting making game bags recently. You might want to check them out. Some of their stuff is made in the USA, so it is possible that the game bags are too (though I kinda doubt it).

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a set from Grakksaw, probably the regular size. I bone out anything I have to haul more than a short distance. They are made in usa. I can't imagine how you could get anything smaller and lighter. It's 5 bags in a fist size clump maybe a couple ounces. I know I didn't pay $88 for them though, wow, after all this time I'm still amazed by what 2020 did to prices.