Going Solo

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
My partner had to bail out on me. Family commitments. I’m going it alone to Co in September.

I have all my gear ready and gonna give a weekend or two using it all and making sure it’s gtg. Bow is shooting good, I’m working out. I camp and hime so I am not worried about that being something new. The biggest concern for me is the solo drive from the east. coast.

Nichols13

FNG
I am going solo and my wife is upset with me. I bought an InReach to calm her down. Older fella too but life is short. Too few years of hunting left not to go.
Enjoy your solitude.

Went alone one year without an inreach. Shot a bull opening day, so my 6 day trip was only 2 days. Even with it being that short, wife said she freaked out the whole time I was gone and I would never go without one again. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sapcut

WKR
I am planning solo this year as well. Not sure where or when just yet. I've only hunted in CO. Makes me wish I knew more about a place to go in Utah or Idaho. Something different with bulls.

Jacack

WKR
Solo also, sw fl to Wyoming. inreach is a great tool. I regularly fish 130 Miles offshore and being able to text the wife is huge .

davsco

WKR
it's a LOOOOONG drive from the east coast. don't hesitate to pull over and grab some zzzz's if you need to.

FLS

WKR
Except for 2-3 long time friends I’d rather hunt alone.
I drive a good bit for work so miles behind the wheel are easy for me.
I’ll pull in a rest area and crawl in the back seat and catch a few ZZZs when my eyelids get heavy. Get up take piss, grab a coffee walk a few laps around the truck and back on the road.

OP
V

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
58 is the new 38!!!

I’m 48. Does that mean 48 is the new 28? Lol.

I cannot wait. This is gonna be at the realization of a long time of dreaming. My dad died back in 2011 from cancer and he had always wanted to do a trip like this but life gets in the way of everything it seem and we never got to go together. So for me it’s as much a time to do something we had always talked about since I was a little kid. Of course my wife thinks I’m crazy and my brother is afraid I’ll quit hunting whitetails and doing food plotting on our property because I’ll get elk fever every year. But I can’t stop thinking about it. In some way it’s almost a relief I’m going alone. Not because having a partner is some limitation but I usually hunt alone anyway. And the idea of being solo has something else that’s hard to describe.

Bcorn

FNG
Solo for me also,bought a spotx to keep in touch with the family and for the s.o.s button just in case. I do all my hunting solo at home whitetail, bird hunt
Opening weekend of rifle deer is the only time I hunt with others. My wife spends the weekend hunting with her father so I hunt close to where they are and meet them for lunch and such.