Good lightweight set it and forget it optic

Born and raised in Alberta on the edge of the rockies and there's a mountain we sheep hunt you have to take your ski goggles with you, like sticking your head out the window of the truck, and it'll pin you to the ground hanging on like a spider hoping you don't get relocated to the next mountain, not much shooting going on when it's like that...or even half way to that. Everything gets down in the trees but a guy has to peak over the tops to find them. All I know is western hunting. Lots of winds here too out on the flats. Our average daily's would be in the 10-25 km/h range so 5-15 mph, after that it's a variable situation with high winds gusting to 50% higher again. You're winging it from that point on so if you're down have at it, I'll be looking for sub mil wind holds on game, pretty sure most are as well, that's easy to hold on game or within a few inches of edge of game (not holding in air...holding on game, big difference).

15 mph at 500 with your rig is 1 mil or 18", that would be about my upper limit and suspect I'd fit into the majority for a shot on game. For those of us born into inches/feet and have institutionalized understanding of the world around us including terrain and game we pursue...it's not tough to move a foot from the edge of a kill zone, they face one way your holding edge of flank, they face the other way your holding 4-6" off the front of chest. You can do that as accurately with or without reticle hold points to guide you.

So for those reading this thread looking at all options for your lightweight hunting set ups... you have all the perspective you could want and you can make a regular scope work just fine if your brain is also well versed in the measures around you. You can still do very well where most will go on game with a basic lightweight scope on a 7 lb factory rig shooting sub MOA factory ammo and setting it up for you, only need a few key data points and a rangefinder, and if you get the wind call close it's meat in freezer (that's the hardest part but gear can't help ya there, unless you drag a wind meter afield then you'll do as well as anyone), and you'll do it right beside the guy with his 12 lb prs set up. ;)