Grand Prairie Texas guys

The last time I was in Texas someone mentioned Hard 8 but I didn’t have time to go, I’ll be sure to check it out.
Grand Prairie itself isn't all that appealing for restuarants. But, the widely regarded best barbecue in the Metroplex is Pecan Lodge, Heim, Cattleack, Goldee's, Terry Black's, and Panther City. My personal favorite is Pecan Lodge.

If you are here in September, you should consider dove hunting. Plenty of affordable day leases available within a short drive of Grand Prairie.

Sevens

WKR
Cinnamon creek is the best Archery range to go to, but from Grand Prairie, it’s a little bit of a haul through the metromess… there is a cabelas FWIW very close to it
There is also a Cigars International next to the Cabela's in Ft. Worth. Just in case you need help with those self-deprecating pastimes.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
Bumping this back up since my trip is getting closer. Is there anywhere close-ish I could shoot my bow out to 80-100 yards?

Cinnamon creek is going to be your best bet for shooting your bow.

Texas Gun Experience in Grapevine rents full auto.

BBQ abounds in DFW but many of the better places sell out during lunch. Places to try:

Hurtados in Arlington/Grand Prairie. They have a bit of Mexican twist to their flavor.

Panther City in Fort Worth is solid. Get there early.

By far the best IMO is Dayne’s Craft BBQ in west Ft Worth. Get there really early. Get the Texas Trinity plate. You
Won’t be disappointed.

31fd74497dbef6873508fcbb323f8edd.jpg

For burgers go to Fred’s Texas cafe in west Fort Worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: KBC
OP
K

KBC

WKR
Thanks for the advice. The trip is getting closer. Any good bow shops in the area? I might have a new string on by then and need to make some tweaks to tuning.

ccc9092

FNG
Thanks for the advice. The trip is getting closer. Any good bow shops in the area? I might have a new string on by then and need to make some tweaks to tuning.

Cinnamon Creek. Just make sure and leave your bow case in the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep for an area the size of DFW, it is sadly void of an abundance of quality bow shops. There used to be a lot of good ones but most of the owners were older and have since retired or passed on.

Cinnamon Creek is the best in the area now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Unckebob

WKR
I know nothing about bows but the indoor gun range in Plano, Mission Ridge, a had a lot of bow stuff when I was there last.

If I recall correctly, they had a pro shop.

TxAggie15

FNG
I live about a mile from Cinnamon creek and it is probably the best 3D range in the area. I think they’re up to 3 different courses now. Haven’t shot it in awhile. If you make it to there you might as well jump on 35 and head north about 7 miles and visit 407 BBQ. If you’re sticking to the Dallas side then terry blacks or pecan lodge in deep Ellum are solid choices too.

As far as gun ranges Texas Gun Experience is pretty legit. Haven’t personally shot there yet but they do some specials on fridays for “full auto Friday”. Usually like 20 bucks a mag and a choice to shoot 2-3 different guns. They’ll usually rotate them every Friday so it’s something different.