Great Hunting/Work Jeans

D_Dubya

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been reading a bunch of forums for a long time and one thing I’ve learned for sure is hunting in jeans will kill you…. Actually I saw those in the store earlier this week, I need to go to Tractor supply tomorrow anyways, might pick up a pair.

These look like a ripstop type fabric. How much do they run? I was super-impressed with the Kuhl Ryders I wore in MT last fall. I took 2 pairs on a 7 day hunt and they were very comfortable. I'm 6'1 225 with bigger thighs and they moved/flexed and did everything I wanted. However, if i could find something similar that wasn't $80 on average that would be awesome.

No way. Y’all are all wearing your pants too short! I’m 6’ 0” and buy my wranglers in 38 inseam. When I gave 36” Levi’s a chance you can see my socks when I set down, and that’s just gay.

I feel your pain 5milesback!
You can find a 42x30 all day anywhere, but go try to find a pair of 34x38. Damn near impossible.
Damn man, is your nickname the spider! LOL, just kidding, and I'd hate to try and keep with you on the trail! I'd have 3 strides to your 1! My 32s lay on the top of my shoes, no floods here! I have a couple pairs of 34s that I wear with my boots.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm 6'6". My normal hunting pants all came unhemmed at 37" and those work fine. However, these days there's more to the measurement than just inseam. There's been a weird movement into men's pants that are made more like women's. Some pants have a very short rise.....i.e. distance between the top of the waist band to the crotch. I've ordered and returned several pants like that in the last 5-7 years. Some have been as much as 3" shorter in the rise than normal. So these days I have to call and ask what the length of their pants are "overall" with the right inseam. 49" is right on the money for me.

There's been a weird movement into men's pants that are made more like women's.
I've experienced this as well. I bought a couple pairs of Levis last year thinking they'd be like the dozens of pairs I've worn in the last 40 years. When they arrived they were less relaxed than in the past and were thin and stretchy. I was expecting the normal relaxed fit and stiff textured jeans that I've always worn. Needless to say the fit was more like a base layer or long underwear and I had to laugh at how they looked. They got sent on the first train back to the vendor.

I haven’t ever hunted in them because I’m mostly an Quail hunter and need something for the briars, but for work I’ve had good luck with Duluth Trading Co. Firehose pants. They are pretty pricey but have held up really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you're dead set on jeans (which I wouldn't recommend) then check out the 5.11 stryke pant. Great pockets and super tough. They've outlasted my jeans and carhartts, plus they're way lighter and cooler wearing. Lot's of hunting-friendly colors too. I wore them through a summer of mason work and you'd never know. I'm wearing them to work right now, in fact.