Grizzly’s or not?

Beaver08

FNG
Can anyone tell me of these are Grizzly’s?
I was traveling in two separate vehicles with my wife and mother in law ahead of me. I seen some sort of bear running in a field easily a few hundred yards away. I pulled over and got out of the truck just to see if I could spot it again. ( I was for sure a very safe distance away from the bear)
Meanwhile my wife had turned around and sped back towards me, telling me to get my dumb Ass back in the truck. About 40 yards away down in a dried creek bed out of view were these bears! They were eating a calf. I ran back to the truck and took some photos. Should have taken a video, but I was not thinking correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_5985.jpeg
    IMG_5985.jpeg
    462.3 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_5984.jpeg
    IMG_5984.jpeg
    508.9 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_5986.jpeg
    IMG_5986.jpeg
    530.2 KB · Views: 279

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. If you zoom in classic blond/brown transition and shoulder structure. When did you take these?

OP
B

Beaver08

FNG
Yes, 100% grizzlies. That sure is a pile of them together.
I’m not sure how many cubs they have, but it seemed to me that the big one was mama and the others were cubs. We watched them for a bit. Mama actually charged us in the vehicle and then stopped. They she led them to the woods.
The crazy thing was, I was actually walking up the road right towards them looking around. I couldn’t see them at all. If my wife never turned around, I 100 percent don’t think I’d be here today. By the time I seen them, they would have gotten to me before I could reach the truck. I guess I am a dumb tourist.

OP
B

Beaver08

FNG
Yep. If you zoom in classic blond/brown transition and shoulder structure. When did you take these?
July 2023. Right before dusk. We had just left Yellowstone and had no clue where we were. No cell service or gps. We were driving trying to find a campground that wasn’t primitive. We were not setup for that kind of camping or bear safety. It was the most beautiful country I have ever seen. Literally nothing around but cows in the road. I tried to load the photo of one of the cubs standing on its back legs, but it’s too big.

Attachments

• IMG_5984.jpeg
    IMG_5984.jpeg
    508.9 KB · Views: 60
OP
B

Beaver08

FNG
A cow and her calf were running up the road towards my truck. That’s when I seen the other bear way off in the distance. I’m assuming she had another calf and that’s the one the other bears were eating.
I was totally ecstatic seeing them. That’s all I wanted to see in Yellowstone, but we never did.
Thanks so much for the confirmation. I thought they grizz, but wasn’t totally sure.

I can see how people are fooled into thinking these are grizzlies, but they're not even bears. The is a pack of feral dogs. Based on the behavior, they likely have rabies, too. The only thing to do is shoot, shovel, and shut up so your buddies don't get jealous that you wiped out a pack of feral dogs.

I can see how people are fooled into thinking these are grizzlies, but they're not even bears. The is a pack of feral dogs. Based on the behavior, they likely have rabies, too. The only thing to do is shoot, shovel, and shut up so your buddies don't get jealous that you wiped out a pack of feral dogs.
Folks were being civil about an interesting encounter involving grizzly bears. Then in typical RS forum member fashion, you show up and go straight to SSS.

Can anyone tell me of these are Grizzly’s?
I was traveling in two separate vehicles with my wife and mother in law ahead of me. I seen some sort of bear running in a field easily a few hundred yards away. I pulled over and got out of the truck just to see if I could spot it again. ( I was for sure a very safe distance away from the bear)
Meanwhile my wife had turned around and sped back towards me, telling me to get my dumb Ass back in the truck. About 40 yards away down in a dried creek bed out of view were these bears! They were eating a calf. I ran back to the truck and took some photos. Should have taken a video, but I was not thinking correctly.
Yep definitely grizzlies

Folks were being civil about an interesting encounter involving grizzly bears. Then in typical RS forum member fashion, you show up and go straight to SSS.
Sorry for injecting humor. I didn't mean to offend anyone. What I should have said is this: "Yep, they're grizzlies. Cool experience you had. Most will never see anything like that."

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Lighten up, Francis. You’re not on the general board anymore. We’re much more relaxed and easy going on the bear board. Pull up a chair and stay a while.

OP
B

Beaver08

FNG
Not sure it isn't a young sow with one cub and another sow with two cubs.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk
I have went back and forth on that also. But I’ve come to the conclusion it’s a sow with 4 cubs. I have a couple pictures that are closer up but this sight won’t let me load them because they are too big. It was a pretty amazing sight either way. I’m just thankful my wife turned around and drove back to me. I wouldn’t have seen the bears until it was too late, as I was walking right at them but couldn’t see them.