Gunwerks Bipod Review

T_Widdy

FNG
Hopefully Gunwerks does have the gen 2 17s compatible because the area 419 qd works great, mine broke right off the bat also and I had to modify mine

Attachments

• IMG_4649.jpeg
    IMG_4649.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 66

gs98

FNG
Hopefully Gunwerks does have the gen 2 17s compatible because the area 419 qd works great, mine broke right off the bat also and I had to modify mine
How difficult was it to mount the Area 419 arca clamp?

T_Widdy

FNG
The mount broke on the gunwerks bipod?

Or you just wanted a different mount?
The NeoLok picatinny mounting system worked maybe 10 times on and off then it would not stay tight, even with the adjustment set screw. I took it apart and found the set screw presses against a little piece of spring steel. Mine had broke into 3 pieces resulting in the reason it would not stay tight. I wanted it to mount to arca and just built the mount from there.

ben@bpetersondds

Lil-Rokslider
Returned mine and asked for money back. Leg would not lock into position and had to tie it up so it wouldn’t flop around on first trip out. Hopefully they makes some major changes to next gen. Waiting to see.

khuber84

WKR
How long did it take to get these things? I ordered first week of Sept. Still hasn't shipped.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
They stopped making the first gen and said they will be sending the next gen ones out in the spring.
It's a real bummer to see all the problems with these bipods. Mine has worked well, so I either got lucky and got a good one, or something changed in their process along the way. The overall concept is pretty good so hopefully they get everything worked out.

SDHNTR

WKR
It’s a miss. The height is just odd. In extended form it’s either too high or too low to be useful.

I went through 4 trying to get ones without issues. I don’t have any now… maybe gen2 will have the bugs worked out. I also found the height odd. You can’t sit with it unless shooting way down hill off an edge. So why make it that tall? I also personally felt it wouldn’t be very tough. Appeared plastic and flimsy. I’ve been running the atlas CAL’s for quite some time and they are just rugged. With that said I hope they come out with one that works. More options the better and I appreciate companies trying to better the market

Hunter609

Lil-Rokslider
It's a real bummer to see all the problems with these bipods. Mine has worked well, so I either got lucky and got a good one, or something changed in their process along the way. The overall concept is pretty good so hopefully they get everything worked out.
I had to send my second one back with the same issue as the first, the notched leg not holding. I was still able to use it on my out of state hunt and did kill while using it. I liked it enough that I’ll wait for them to send me the new one once the issues are corrected.

JBMAK

FNG
Classified Approved
Just wanted to chime in that mine has not experienced any of these issues yet. I did have a detent issue out of the box, but that was fixed by adjusting a screw and a quick permanent fix so far.

All of these posts don't build confidence for me to want to take it on long backcountry hunts though.

I suppose that's why we practice shooting off of all sorts of makeshift front rests.