Gunwerks Bipod Review

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
It's been a long time coming, but the Gunwerks Elevate Bipod is finally here! We're building and shipping units as fast as our team is able. We're currently quoting a 3 week lead on shipping, but I suspect most will be a bit quicker (especially the ones getting in early). Filling orders first come first serve!
https://www.gunwerks.com/shop/ay-g2010-gunwerks-elevate-bipod-23088

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks pretty awesome Landon! You guys definitely make some nice products! Enjoyed having a couple new podcasts to listen to as well!
Thanks! It seems almost silly to be this excited about a bipod when we've got things like rifles and optics to work on, but ultimately a bipod has so much impact on the overall shooting experience, it really IS A big deal! I've had the chance to hunt and shoot with this bipod for the last 2 seasons and it really does check all the boxes!

gtriple

WKR
I'm basically down to the GW, the Mod Evo and the one out of NZ
Can't decide
The Gunwerks gives you an adjustment range of 5" to 19" at 12 ounces.

The MTNGear Mountain bipod gives you an adjustment range from 4" to 15.7" at only 5 ounces.

Are the extra 2.3" of adjustment worth nearly half a pound?

The Gunwerks gives you an adjustment range of 5" to 19" at 12 ounces.

The MTNGear Mountain bipod gives you an adjustment range from 4" to 15.7" at only 5 ounces.

Are the extra 2.3" of adjustment worth nearly half a pound?
In general lighter is usually less stable.

Lawnboi

WKR
Haha. I knew this was the first question coming! Yes. It's in the works. I don't have any specific timeline yet, but we're working on getting ARCA options added to the lineup. Spike feet coming down the line as well.
Good to hear. I’m definitely interested at that price point. Iv gotten rid of all picatinny though.

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Good to hear. I’m definitely interested at that price point. Iv gotten rid of all picatinny though.
Understood. I know a lot of guys are moving that way. Our Gunwerks rifles all utilize integrated picatinny bipod rails, so it was the natural first place for us to go to support, but we've definitely got ARCA options prioritized on the roadmap!

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Where's it made?
@wnelson14 it's designed and assembled in the US. We utilize quality overseas partners to manufacture some of the components. Honestly, we've seen overseas parts from the right partners beat many domestic sources. We could go fully US manufactured, but it would easily double the price and really wouldn't impact quality on the back end.

willidru

WKR
Cross compatibility with your tripod head. Ability to slide up and down the forend to manipulate height or position.
Ok makes sense, I was lookin to go with SRS hunter rail that had both pic and arca so I think I'll have enough flexibility.

it's designed and assembled in the US. We utilize quality overseas partners to manufacture some of the components. Honestly, we've seen overseas parts from the right partners beat many domestic sources. We could go fully US manufactured, but it would easily double the price and really wouldn't impact quality on the back end.
Lots of words to not say china... ;)

Does look to be pretty sweet though. Can't wait for the arca version!

2backcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Haha. I knew this was the first question coming! Yes. It's in the works. I don't have any specific timeline yet, but we're working on getting ARCA options added to the lineup. Spike feet coming down the line as well.
Thanks, this is what I will be waiting for ...... Spikes and the Arca would be sweet. (y)