Guy line on top of stove pipe.

*zap*

WKR
I put a jack in my msr gear shed and have a pipe that is a goog length to use my SO medium stove. There is not enough space between the stove top and the jack to make the pipe stable. What is the best way to attach guy lines to the top of the pipe to firm this up for windy conditions? I was thinking some 1" keyring rounds on the solid ring I have for the top below the spark arrestor and then line from those but I wonder if the lines will burn up? Pipe is about 6'.
Thanks.

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
A light 20 lb stainless leader for fishing would do the trick. They are generally 6-10" long which provides plenty of distance to protect a guy line from heat. They have a swivel on one end (you can replace with a split-ring to attach to stove pipe ring) and clip on the other that you can attach to cordage. Note that some are nylon-coated (can burn/scrape off). $3-5 solution.

parshal

WKR
I made rings with braided wire. You can buy a crimper on Amazon for cheap. I drilled two holes through the stovepipe, put the wire through the hole and crimped. I then had a wire loop to attach a guyline. The drilled holes are small and have no effect on drafting.

With a crimper and wire you can also make more loops to hold stovepipe if you have the rollup stovepipe.

Lawnboi

WKR
Look at how kifaru does their pipe cables. They do the main circle for holding the pipe form, and another loop connected to some cord( or used to) for every cable. With that setup you can use two pipe cables and attach cordage to secondary loop on the cable (not touching the pipe). If that makes any sense….

I learned long ago to stabilize your pipe or take it down if you’re in high wind. Dosnt take much to destroy a stove jack.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
So, I had everything I needed in with my trapping gear. Thanks everyone for the input.

20231110_165915.jpg

20231110_165919.jpg