Hanwag Alverstone and Trapper Top

Does anyone own both of these boots?

I have been running the Alverstones in the early season and I love them. However I have a 2024 Kodiak hunt booked and looking for a taller insulated boot.

Curious if the sizing and fit is the same between these two? Anyone have any input?

Funny as I have both!
I bought my normal size (12) in the Alverstones. I looked hard at the trapper top and ordered them up from gohunt when they were having a 30% off sale. Same size 12. I am not disappointed with the size in either boot although gohunt says to half size up. The Trapper Top fits the same for me. I will say the Trapper Top isn't as warm as I would like but I'm working with what I've got.

In addition...what sick do you primarily shoot? I'm with ya💪

Drop the training wheels and put on your big boy britches.

OP
nevadabugle
Funny as I have both!
I bought my normal size (12) in the Alverstones. I looked hard at the trapper top and ordered them up from gohunt when they were having a 30% off sale. Same size 12. I am not disappointed with the size in either boot although gohunt says to half size up. The Trapper Top fits the same for me. I will say the Trapper Top isn't as warm as I would like but I'm working with what I've got.

In addition...what sick do you primarily shoot? I'm with ya💪

Drop the training wheels and put on your big boy britches.
Thanks for the info. I reached out directly to Hanwag with this question as well and they told me the Trapper is a slightly wider last, but to order the same size if the Alverstones fit. They said length would be the same. Appreciate you sharing your experience. I'm headed to Alaska in 24 and want a taller boot than the Alverstones.

To answer your question, I shoot a Satori or DAS riser and Ukkha or Border limbs. Day six arrows and broaheads.

If you plan to try other similar boots the Lowa Hunter Extreme were similar to me in fit but a little bulkier insulation. I ended up with the trapper tops and I really like them. They aren't as stiff as you'd think once broken in but stiff enough. I use them in Alberta during the winter and I never really find myself wanting a warmer boot unless its -30C or below and I'm not moving. After a year they are showing a little more wear than I would like but nothing major just a few spots I am keeping my eyes on. They had a lot of use but I hope I will get a lot of life out of them for the cost.

BCsteve

WKR
I have the Trapper Tops as well. I thought if was strange that Hanwag couldn't give me any details on how warm they were. An equivalent of Thinsulate grams or something. All they could tell me is that they were warm and made for colder weather. Whatever that means. I use them for moose hunting in Northern BC and have been satisfied with them.

I have read online that people compare the insulated Gore Tex to 200 gram. I would say 200-400 somewhere in that range is what it feels like to me.

OP
nevadabugle
Just a heads up for anyone wanting Hanwags and has a Scheels near by...Scheels is discontinuing their sale of Hanwags. As such they are selling their in-stock sizes for 1/2 off. I didn't need too but I bought a second pair of Alverstones for $190. Wish they would have had the Trapper tops in stock.