Hardcase quest

Went out and bought a Pelican 1750 for my rifle that has a NF on top. I pulled the first piece of foam, the one that you would cut, and them checked to see how it fits. Even if I made relief cuts for the knobs on my scope it looks like it would still be a very tight fit. I am not saying that it won't work, I just don't want to cut the foam and find out there is very minimal foam left to protect the stuff inside, and then I am stuck with a case that won't work.

So I was wondering what everyone is using for their hardcases?

ICC -Impact Case and Container. None of that cutting foam business. Sometimes they have deals on cases that have a scratch on them.

There are a lot of long guns with monster glass riding around in 1750s going to far away and dirty places. I wouldn't give it a second thought. Cut the middle foam. Slam it shut and call it a day.

Graindrain

Lil-Rokslider
1750 and no problems.

Hunting partner didn't shut the tailgate all the way, drove off and the case slid out the back. No damage to gun or zero.

There is a youtube video of a guy who shows you how to cut the foam with an electric knife.

I just wish pelican made a bow case. I like pelican better than SKB but had no other choice for my bow.

idig4au

WKR
There are a lot of long guns with monster glass riding around in 1750s going to far away and dirty places. I wouldn't give it a second thought. Cut the middle foam. Slam it shut and call it a day.

What he said. I use one and it goes on monster trips being abused by airline crews all the time. It has all kinds of dents and stuff and not once has my scope (Swaro Z6 on Seekins mounts) been out. My last trip, the airline managed to beat it up where one of the heavy master locks on it failed. Rifle was still shooting spot on.

bourbon

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the 1750. Mine has been all over and even survived what appeared to have been intentional damage/run over in Atlanta that destroyed two friends lesser cases.