Hawaiian Goat

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
Who’s done a DIY feral goat hunt in Hawaii? Want to start planning one but I’m torn between trying public land or trying to find some private (want to stay away from doing a guided hunt). I‘ve hunted axis deer and mouflon so I want to add another one to my Hawaiian adventures.

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
In my opinion I wouldn’t even bother trying to do private. It’s hard enough to hunt private as a resident. There’s a lot of goats in Hawai’i on public land and it’s a pretty easy hunt if doing with a rifle. Here is most recent Billy I took on public.

Attachments

• IMG_1411.jpeg
    IMG_1411.jpeg
    634.3 KB · Views: 65

Tahoe1305

WKR
I have and concur. In Oahu anyway the hunt isn’t for the faint of heart and extremely demanding (mainly because it’s steep and warm). But there are a ton of them and it’s a good time.

OP
EricBender208

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
I have and concur. In Oahu anyway the hunt isn’t for the faint of heart and extremely demanding (mainly because it’s steep and warm). But there are a ton of them and it’s a good time.
I didn’t even know Oahu had goats. I’ve stayed there 5 times totaling two months and never even knew that LOL. I always thought Maui was the place to go for goats.