Headed to Orange County for work, where to shoot and flying with bow questions

KBC

WKR
I'm off to Orange County for work in November for 4 weeks. Since this would be a bit of an opportunity to be able to practice more often without the family demands of normal life, is there a good archery range I could go to in the area if I brought my bow that won't cost too much? Maybe a 3D course I could shoot?

What kind of bow case do I need? I have a Plano protector case but is that enough?

Cheers!

CakeEater

FNG
KBC,
It depends on where you’re at but Mile Square Park (Fountain Valley) has an outdoor range (10-100yds). I’ve taken the family and I believe they’re in the process of upgrading targets. There are several indoor ranges throughout the county as well. Hope this helps and I’m sure there will be plenty of folks who’ll chime in.

Edit: I’ve got an annual pass for $55 but believe it’s $5/entry.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nexus

FNG
Head over to Santiago Park Archers - Santa Ana, CA. Free range (20-100 yards) and a really good group of hunters there on any given Saturday and Sunday. Some of us bring 3Ds, but I do not think that Oranco or Riverside Archers are holding any 3D events in November. PM me if you need any directions or further information.

Take Care

vaeVictis

FNG
Mile Square Park has an excellent outdoor range. Free to use, park has an entrance fee for vehicles 3$ weekdays, 5$ weekends. Can park on the street next to the park for free I think. Fair amount of people there on the weekends, not sure about weekdays.

OP
K

KBC

WKR
Cool thanks for the info. I will be sure to check them out. Now to figure out if my bow case is sturdy enough for air travel.

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
Cool thanks for the info. I will be sure to check them out. Now to figure out if my bow case is sturdy enough for air travel.

Only thing I know about flying with a bow is that the case is airline approved and has locks with a key.

I used a double Plano for years. It had 2 key locks and 2 buckles. It worked fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K

KBC

WKR
Well my bow and I made it. Is there any decent places open at night? I’m working until 4:30 and it’s dark just after 5:00 so I can only hit the free outdoor range on my day off on sundays. Hopefully something not too expensive, I’m trying to save as much per diem as possible hehe ;)

Head to San Diego one day and check out Performance Archery. Shirt indoor range but really nice pro shop. I drive two hours from LA to go there. There is a 3D course at Oak Tree Gun Club, about an hour noth of OC