Headlamp

Phaseolus

WKR
What 18650 battery are you guys running? None of the ones I have tried in my Zebralights can handle the amperage draw on the high setting and kick it down to medium. I've been running Sure Fire CR123a instead and they are able to run it on high. Would prefer 18650 if I can find a good one.

Most of the DIY mtnbike light crowd are saying Panasonic 18650 batteries are the ones to use. You should be able to find some on line.

twall13

WKR
I've been very happy with my Orbtronic 18650's. 3.7 volt batteries seem to work better for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
I must be in the minority. I have a Black Diamond Storm and a ReVolt I use depending on the hunt and what I'm taking for electronics. Both have worked well for me. I haven't had an issue with them turning on as long as I use the lock-out feature.

For a back-up I used to take a 2oz single AA Mammut S-lite headlamp and still do at times. My camera takes AA batteries so I always have lithium AA batteries I can steal for it if needed. I used to use a AA GPS too. Now that I use OnX maps on my phone for a GPS and carry a Dark Energy battery pack anyway the ReVolt seems to be my main headlamp most times. My phone and the Dark Energy battery both have lights built in for a back-up if their light is bright enough. If I want more the S-Lite or the BD Storm can serve as back-ups.

Wolfey

FNG
What 18650 battery are you guys running? None of the ones I have tried in my Zebralights can handle the amperage draw on the high setting and kick it down to medium. I've been running Sure Fire CR123a instead and they are able to run it on high. Would prefer 18650 if I can find a good one.
Panasonic Sanyo 18650GA batteries. It's can handle the amp draw and has good capacity.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

My friends and I have all been running these Panasonics for a while now with no issues whatsoever. We also use the button tops because they'll work for both button and flat tops, but flat tops will only work for flat tops.

2x AUTHENTIC PANASONIC NCR18650B 3400mAh Rechargeable Battery JAPAN - BUTTON TOP | eBay