Hecs???

So if you haven't seen it it's gear that is supposed to cut down the electromagnetic field we put off, that animals detect. Is this a sales gimmick or does it work. Is Anyone using this product. Rocky Jacobson from bugling bull game call uses it on his videos. And that guy knows his stuff I listen to about everything he recommends.
But this hecs stuff I don't know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure that I have ever heard of it myself...would like to see the scientific proof behind it working...Seems to me that animals detect me not because of some electromagnetic field but that i am stumbling through the woods like an elephant in a china closet and they hear me from a mile away even though i think i am being quiet. And dont forget the wind that is our number one killer...we dont feel it but even if its enough of a breeze that its its blowing our smell for miles the animals will run. Of course you know all of that so for me before i would buy into something like that i want the proof lol...

Edited - I take that back i have seen this before awhile ago but have never had the money to invest in it. Makes me wonder if that would have helped me a few weeks ago when caught out in the open by a bull that i was trying to sneak up on.

Last edited:
Yea thought maybe someone may of actually used it. Yea I don't know. I feel I can trust guys opinions here on rokslide who knows if the reviews on line are customers or marketers

I've heard of it but I've never tried it myself. I have reservations when it comes to stuff like that. I've found that as long as you have the wind right and aren't silhouetting yourself, you can get really close to animals. I just don't see the need for it.

I have a set from when it first came out that I was able to pro form from the shop I worked at. From my experience I'd say it helps but if I was paying $180.00 for the stuff I'd rather spend the money on something else. I have experienced two bulls that I feel it made a difference on. Both times I was sitting on wallows and both times bulls had me pegged (they could make my outline out against the tree I had my back to) and both times after a thorough look over they continued like I wasn't there. One bull died and the other lived since the wind shifted on me before I could draw my bow. It doesn't negate the basics of being aware of the wind and movement, but helps in some of the situations where elk spoke with out giving them a good reason to. The camo patterns are pretty dark for where I hunt and the original material isn't al that great of a next to skin base layer. If you're doing a lot of hiking it's annoying to have to wear an extra layer for the limited situations it might help you in. Mine only gets used anymore if I'm spending an evening sitting on a wallow, the rest of time it stays in the duffle bag, and for rifle hunting it stays at home.

I think it's complete BS. I've been close enough to deer and elk to dang near touch them while wearing plain 'ol camo clothes and they haven't detected my "electromagnetic" presence. In my opinion, this is the most egregious line of horse crap ever used to promote hunting gear.

I also think it's garbage BS. Much the same as all the scent killers, waste of money.

Back