Help me pick a scope. SFP, Plex reticle.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt whitetails primarily in the southeast. I hunt anywhere from in the woods to wide open ag fields where I can shoot as far as I want to. We hunt up until pitch black dark which is when a lot of deer are on their feet. I am not unfamiliar with ballistics and dialing. Currently have a swaro x5 on a larger rifle and a rangefinder/kestrel system that works well. I am building another rifel and my question is who make a reliable dialable scope, SFP, MOA with just a basic simple plex style reticle? I "had" a leupold VX-6 that checked all the boxes, but reliable. I don't know if I can trust another one. I have read all about FFP and Mils, it doesn't work for my application close to dark when I do a lot of my shooting, I have tried.

I have read all about FFP and Mils, it doesn't work for my application close to dark when I do a lot of my shooting, I have tried.
I mean MILs work just as well in low light as it does in daylight so I think you mean the FFP doesn't work for you. Even with illumination?

Either way what is your budget for the optic? It seems according to your post you prioritize low light performance.

OP
D

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, Mils have nothing to do with light, I get that. I am a MOA guy "just because" it's what I grew up on. Mils or MOA aren't the biggest factor. Correct, FFP doesn't work for me. I apologize if that was written terribly. No real budget. $2000 or so preferably.

Yes, Mils have nothing to do with light, I get that. I am a MOA guy "just because" it's what I grew up on. Mils or MOA aren't the biggest factor. Correct, FFP doesn't work for me. I apologize if that was written terribly. No real budget. $2000 or so preferably.
The two scope lines that people commonly hold as the best low light rifle scopes on the market are the Leica Magnus and Schmidt & Bender Polar lines of rifle scopes. Unfortunately the Polar starts at about $2400 at EO it seems and you can't buy the Leica Magnus in the US at all anymore for some reason. I did a search on this forum and it does look like a couple Magnus's sold here in the last couple of weeks though so I guess they still go up for sale used. I'll link the S&B down below just for educational purposes (I think you could probably get better pricing if a RS sponsor carried it). This particular one is 2.5-10 though, the 4-16s are more expensive. The two Leica Magnus's that sold in the classifieds here were right around or under your $2,000 mark.