Help on sight choice for bow

GueroUlt

FNG
Hey everyone,
I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to archery because I do not know much about the technical side of things when it comes to archery. I just upgraded from my starter bow that had a truglo sight on it. Any advice on if I should put this on the prime I got or should I go with a more high end sight? Thanks for any insight that is provided.

Do you feel like there are any features you are missing out on? High end sights have some features that are helpful if you know how to use them. But it's not a requirement.

Do you want a single or multiple pin slider?

Something that is easier to adjust pins on or has finer adjustment?

3rd axis leveling?

Dovetail to adjust the distance off the riser?

OP
G

GueroUlt

FNG
Do you feel like there are any features you are missing out on? High end sights have some features that are helpful if you know how to use them. But it's not a requirement.

Do you want a single or multiple pin slider?

Something that is easier to adjust pins on or has finer adjustment?

3rd axis leveling?

Dovetail to adjust the distance off the riser?
I wish I knew how to answer that as I’ve only had the one sight! Lol. Maybe I should just try out the one I have and if I feel like it’s not sufficient I can look into getting one that has more features

Poaks0810

FNG
Spot Hogg are awesome. Built well, adjust easy. Can't beat em.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I wish I knew how to answer that as I’ve only had the one sight! Lol. Maybe I should just try out the one I have and if I feel like it’s not sufficient I can look into getting one that has more features

I'd shoot what you got until you have an idea of something you want or feel you need in a sight.

I like spot Hogg but I don't think everyone needs them by any means.

Trophy ridge makes a good sight for the money. MBG is good as well.

It's a Chevy, Ford, Dodge thing for the most part. Pick a few features and find one that fits that bill.

qwerksc

WKR
I would look at a spot hogg, I have a Hoggit hunter 5 pin and a Hoggfather 3 pin slider. Both are bomber. I bought them used off of Archerytalk, just wait and you can get one at a good price, lots of good info on archery gear over there as well.

satchamo

WKR
Trophy ridge if budget is a concern. MBG if not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're used to the Tru glo from the other bow, slap it on the Prime until you become comfortable with how the new bow is shooting. Make your determination after that. FWIW, I have been pleased with the Trophy Ridge I have.

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
I'd reccomend getting comfortable with the sight you're planning to use. Dont get comfortable with something you plan on changing. I'd try to get your setup built the way that you want it, so when you start shooting everything will remain consistent.

If you don't have any money constraints then I say go for it.

Montana Black Gold and Spot Hogg are two quality brands to take a look at.

Like anything... "It Depends", however I will agree to go with a Spott Hogg Hunter and be done with it. This is also my personal opinion as stand behind Murphys law of "what can go wrong, will go wrong" very strongly...

I have been archery hunting for over 10 years and guided multiple hunts as well. I can say that a 7 pin sight with a wrap and a good battery/light is about the most fail proof setup you can have. No adjusting for ranges, Stuff like a fast Eddie may be cool for 3D shoots, but for hunting it's best to keep it simple and less variables.

I have a MBG sight that was on a bow but never saw the woods (barely saw any action at targets as well) They are easy to add or swap pins to get what you like.

Perfect condition with information below that I would be willing to sell. It was 260 brand new and I would be willing to work on a fair price for essentially a brand new item. (I have another MBG sight that I ordered that just fits my style better)

Black Gold Ascent Verdict Custom Sight
Hand: Right
Guard Size: Standard 1 3/4"
Base: Standard Base w/ 3rd Axis
Pins: Multi Pin
Sight Housing: Widowmaker (adds micro gang adjustment)
Sight Ring Color 1 3/4%22: Nitrous Green
Pin #1 (top): .010 green
Pin #2: .010 red
Pin #3: .010 yellow

sga475

FNG
Of all the sights I have used spot Hogg is the best. I have a 7 pin hunter but 5 pin is probably a better choice. I don’t use the last two pins that often.