Help picking Turkey season boot

Jka251

FNG
Need guidance on an early season boot. I'm in the Southeast and these will be primarily for turkey hunting. Mostly flat terrain but do have some hills that are steep for our region. Also would like to go out West soon and turkey hunt out there. I'll also be using snake gaiters with these.

Looking for lightweight, durable and waterproof. I know I'll probably have to order some of the boots I'm considering, try them on and potentially ship back and exchange for another boot if it doesn't work for me since I am nowhere near any retailer for the ones I'm considering.

Looking at Crispi Lapponia, Summit and Altitude; Lowa Renegade; and Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid

Hoping to get some recommendations for a starting point.

Thanks

RMM

WKR
Lowa Zephyrs were awesome boots. I was wearing them for work and turkey season. The only negative was how slippery the soles were on wet surfaces. I now use the Zamberlan 1104 Storm Pro's and they're the best pair of boots I've ever owned. I wear them in all types of terrain and have zero complaints.

Samson7x

WKR
Take a look at the zamberlan salathe 226. I've enjoyed mine so far. I also bought some lapponia to try out but haven't put any miles on them yet. Just walking around the house, the zamberlan are more flexible if that's what you're after. Lapponia will have a bit more support since it's an 8" boot. Tried the altitude and they had a pinch point on my toe so it didn't work for me and I returned them. I really liked the summits and kinda hate I sold mine. Will probably buy another pair at some point when these wear out.

JRS3

Lil-Rokslider
I have various lightweight Scarpas, Schnees, and Crispis, which I enjoy wearing. If that’s you goal, go for it . You listed great boot choices.

When it comes to turkey hunting, I wear Irish Setter snake boots. They feel like sneakers and besides the obvious snake protection, I like them more to keep ticks off of me, while spending so much time on the ground.

Solomon X Ultra 4 Mid. This is my 2nd spring with them and I couldn't ask for more in a turkey boot.. I sure can sneak like a ninja in them too 😎

OP
J

Jka251

FNG
I appreciate all the replies. Still trying to narrow it down but it sounds like I'm on the right track