Help recommend a decent 19” ilf riser

I’m looking for a good hunting ilf riser, I’m a young guy and a little bit tight on money currently, so I’d like to stay around 2-300 but can pay more if the titan, satori and more expensive options are that much better… I’ll only be using it for hunting and some target shooting

Beendare

WKR
Satori, Titan and Das- excellent...but all a little bit on the heavy side- Satori the lightest of the 3.

Some of the wood risers are a great value...

I have the Junxing F261 [I think is the model] Its a forged Aluminum riser. Its everything the Satori is but made overseas for about $175.

Put some WNS C3 or C5 [about $150 at Alt Services] on there and you won't find anything close to that for $350. Start light and you can sell those limbs later for 80% of your investment.

OP
Joshuajosh
Where do you go about ordering the 261? For once I’m okay getting something made overseas on purpose, I tend to shy away from that but they look well made and I’ve heard a lot of good about them
Satori, Titan and Das- excellent...but all a little bit on the heavy side- Satori the lightest of the 3.

Some of the wood risers are a great value...

I have the Junxing F261 [I think is the model] Its a forged Aluminum riser. Its everything the Satori is but made overseas for about $175.

Put some WNS C3 or C5 [about $150 at Alt Services] on there and you won't find anything close to that for $350. Start light and you can sell those limbs later for 80% of your investmen

Beendare

WKR
Where do you go about ordering the 261? For once I’m okay getting something made overseas on purpose, I tend to shy away from that but they look well made and I’ve heard a lot of good about them
Yeah, there are American sellers of these that mark them up and rename them, I think one outfit calls it a Galaxy.
Worth considering weight. Some guys like the extra weight....it is a benefit on the target range....but add a quiver and the heavy riser Recurves start to feel like you are dragging a compound through the woods. One reason I went to a stick bow is some feel like a feather packing them around.

I like a lighter riser. The Junxing isn't exactly light....but it's lighter than my Stalker Stickbow wood riser...... not as light as my Dryad Wood riser...or their UL Aluminum riser.

Here it is for $135 on Ali Express
Ali Express

Last edited:

Bootaka

FNG
F261 was originally designed by John's Custom Archery and built by junxing as the JC Optimus. It is one of the lowest cost CNC'd risers with great functionality. it's got like 5 names now a days. EXE Scream, Pharos II, and so on.

I have 2 of them, a 17" and a 21". The pad angle is at 11° compared to the 17°-24° of a standard recurve riser. It works great for longbow and supercurve limbs. It'll add a little preload to recurve limbs.

I use the factory plate to shoot off the shelf on the 17". It works out great. I have a rest and plunger set on the 21".

Rob5589

WKR
Check out the Farmington Atlas. Solid riser, machined, nice feeling grip. If you like it I have one I'll sell you cheap. Will need a rest, I used a springy. Have some BM 2.0 limbs 45lbs, longs as well. I'll PM some pics when I get a minute.

Almost every aluminum riser is designed more for target shooting instead of hunting (and are therefore fairly to very heavy). We designed the Dryad Ultralight 19" ILF riser for hunting. Made for hunting and hiking where ounces become pounds and pounds become pain. It's lighter than the 19" ILF wood risers, cut 5/8" past center so you can use any rest (many "trad" ILF risers are not cut that far past center), and allows the use of just about any accessory. Dryad sold everything to Stalker, so if you want a purpose-built aluminum hunting riser talk to South and get him to fix you up.

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
Currently, 👆🏼John’s riser (wood) is my go to ( out of about 7 risers)
I bet his metal riser is fantastic.

He won’t like how I murdered his grip-but a guy has to do what a guy has to do- grin

Thanks John!B186E0A8-FB52-46FC-9176-C3C182861F74.jpeg

tracker12

WKR
Tradtech Titan. You can pick a used one up for $250. They are a solid ILF riser and will last you a lifetime.

TX_Diver

WKR
I will have a 19" satori (2023 in wilderness green) for sale in a week or 2. Hoping to stop by RMS and get one of their risers in the next week.

FLS

WKR
19” Morrison Phoenix is my favorite ILF riser. You’ll have to find a used one but they pop up occasionally.