Hoodoo Pass Idaho access

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Gents-

I am hoping to learn first hand knowledge of when the snow will allow access through Hoodoo pass in the spring. (I’m coming from Superior MT to get into Lolo zone ID)
I am going to an area I know well after wolves. Have always hunted this area in the fall and have no idea when I can get through in Spring. I realize each year can vary-looking for a ballpark idea. Thanks

There is a Snotel monitor at Hoodoo Pass, so it is easy to monitor. I hunt that area every spring the last few years and have never been able to get closer than a couple miles from the state line by end of May. Might be different in a light snow year.

Snow usually starts coming off pretty quickly the first week of june, but usually not passable by pickup for another week or two. Depending on the snow year, might be july.

Anyone have current intel on hoodoo pass? Quad passable or possibly truck yet?
Thank you in advance 👍

I spring hunted Kelly creek area for years. Usually never put baits in before Memorial Day. Always went up river because hoodoo is usually snowed in till almost July. The outfitters are probably running snow machines over hoodoo now.

Back