Seeking Best Idaho Fish and Game Attorney

Erict

WKR
Unfortunately, there is no universal standard for state residency, and state agencies often have different definitions for "resident/residency" (driver licenses, hunting licenses, income taxes, etc.). For hunting licenses, there is only so much a license vendor or the software can do to confirm your "resident" license eligibility. In most cases, the onus is on the purchaser to affirm their qualifications - much like signing a contract. Here in NY, one must sign such affirmation under penalty of perjury that all statements on their license application are accurate and true - if lie or deceive and get caught they have a hard time blaming the vendor or others. Most hunters don't even realize the implications of "signing" or implied signatures when making these purchases because the vendors make little money selling licenses and the states are more concerned with collecting the license fees than making sure you read the fine print. I make this as a statement of fact, having worked extensively testing and using the last two systems used in NY (Verizon and Kalkomey).

l have no idea how the OP got into his predicament, but it can be easy to prematurely buy a resident hunting license. Take Idaho for example. If you move there, within 90 days you are expected to apply for an Idaho driver license. According to the Idaho Fish and Game site, this driver's license "proves residency". You might think you are eligible to purchase a resident hunting license immediately. The problem is that Idaho doesn't only require residency - they further qualify it by stating "A resident is anyone who has been domiciled in this state with a bona fide intent to make this their place of permanent abode, for a period of not less than 6 months immediately preceding the date of application for any license, tag or permit." The chances are good that their online system would allow someone with an ID driver's license (but in state less than 6 months) to purchase a resident hunting license.

I have little doubt that there are illegally purchased resident hunting licenses in every state, every year. Some intentional and some not. Everyone is entitled to their day in court and those that end up getting "the hammer" likely knew what they were doing.

Last edited:

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Well after reading this post it appears that the OP has been convicted by the Rokslide Jury.

I cannot fathom why someone would open themselves up to such ridicule by posting his "issue" on a public forum.

This post should be locked in my opinion. Let us all learn from others fallacies.

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
You dug up a post from 2 weeks ago, just to recommend that it gets locked?
Dug up? Only two weeks ago? You should look for some other posts I have replied to as some are much older. Yes, I did. Forum members are just basically trashing the guy. I have no idea if his story is legit but chewing over it in a continuously negative fashion is not good for either the PO or members on this forum. Bad ethics (IMO) the forum should be locked. Just my opinion and I feel it should be respected just as I respect yours.

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I guess what I was saying. Is this thread was what, 5 pages pack? And well on its way to be buried by all the other posts. So you bring it back up to the top, just to recommend that it gets locked and therefore buried again.

Surely you see the humor in that?
I am reading many threads as far back as they will take me. A lot of good and interesting information on this forum.

Basically the whole post hit me wrong: seemed as if there was bullying and the comments were inappropriate at times. Plus the OP was not replying making me feel he was regretting posting at all. I have no idea if his situation was true, half true or completely false.

However a two week old post does not seem old to me. I did not know that it brought the post back to the top. Thanks for that information. Yes I can see the humor.

SWOHTR

WKR
Maybe self-represented?

And so it begins…much akin to an “Indian summer,” only a forum’s version.

BAKPAKR

WKR
Even if OP doesn’t meet the residency requirements for a hunting license, are there any U.S. Senate vacancies he could be appointed to? 🙄