Seeking Best Idaho Fish and Game Attorney

The part I am most confused about is that he wasnt able to get out for the archery elk hunt...I know a few people that have tried to play the game of "but I own a house in Idaho" and all of them have just paid fines. They didnt lose their hunting privileges.
But his boy CRIED!

And lots of residency requirements include "primary place of residence" or some variation of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230912_130523_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230912_130523_Chrome.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 85

CorbLand

WKR
But his boy CRIED!

And lots of residency requirements include "primary place of residence" or some variation of it.
I know that. I am saying that the ones that I know that have played the game and got caught didnt lose their privileges. They just got fined. Makes me think that there was something more to this if he lost his privileges.

I know that. I am saying that the ones that I know that have played the game and got caught didnt lose their privileges. They just got fined. Makes me think that there was something more to this if he lost his privileges.
Oh, I followed and was agreeing with you.

The second paragraph was more of a general statement. I just couldn't figure out how to put it first. Lol

gabenzeke

WKR
Good luck finding an attorney for that. This story sounds so weird. And you're only mad about it two years later? Racism, defamation, harassment didn't bug you two years ago? Two years and you have no idea what you were charged with?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Good luck finding an attorney for that. This story sounds so weird. And you're only mad about it two years later? Racism, defamation, harassment didn't bug you two years ago? Two years and you have no idea what you were charged with?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

What race is the OP? He might have a point.

P

Will_m

WKR
I guess I’ll say it if nobody else has…..

The only thing dumber than an attorney telling everyone he is the best is the guying openly asking for the best attorney.

while were on this subject, do you guys think if I put up camp a few months before season I can apply for residency? I'll only be "living" there for a few weeks though, but I'll buy food and gas in the state so that counts for something right? and I'm pretty sure I'm 1/32 Cherokee on my grandmothers uncles side so there's that too.
also, I was thinking to save money I would wait till I kill something before I go buy a tag. I mean, if I don't kill anything then really, I'm just a hiker with a bow, right? these fishing licenses are expensive for non res. and I hate having to tell the WKR's I'm not a res., I mean have you guys seen the threads about non res? its scary.

If you only had one of those limited edition Kifaru wallets to hold your license and tags in,…… I am sure the Game Warden would have simply turned and walked away. “Nothin to see here boys”

dtrkyman

WKR
I had a friend that worked with me in Illinois, from TN. He worked at our lodge in Illinois for more than the required time to claim residency, bought his resident tags.

Shot a fall turkey and the same day the warden was at the lodge, we have to check animals in there, he was obviously waiting for him to shoot something, why did he not show up when he bought the license?

Dude had IL. drivers license, address at the lodge the whole nine, and he did live there for 4 or 5 months at the time.

Warden tried telling him he couldn't live at the lodge, asked him why his phone was still Tn. area code(duh) and gave him the run around for weeks, he sat in the driveway for an hour after harassing my friend for an hour, my friend was like wtf, I told him if he had you on anything you would already have a ticket or be in jail.

So maybe the OP got the shaft?

So maybe the OP got the shaft?
here's the thing, many on this forum alone have moved to different states and yet we have never had a problem. it's really not hard to follow rules, in fact, it may actually be harder to try to "beat the man". most states to my knowledge have a min. 6 month live in state rule and must establish a primary home, not a work home or vacation home. if you have a job then you should have the money to pay for the correct tags even if it's only for the first year in your new state. even if by some chance you did make a mistake, you would just pay the fine, get the correct tags and move on. the OP likely put up a fight rather than accept his mistake and we all know who will lose that one.

jayhawk

WKR
This was two years ago, so how does it impact you now so that you feel the need to hire an attorney?
I’m no expert on F&G laws, but I AM an expert on FNG laws….and I’m here to say that they never tell the whole story.

Maybe he didn't get privileges revoked, but he's afraid to buy resident tags due to the previous issue? If what he says is true he's probably too pissed off to pay for NR tags. The attorney might be for future tags going forward to clear things up so he can hunt cleanly, not the previous issue. If he'd ever come back and update us we'd know!