Hope more states follow

MTHunter20

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think anybody on this site has views remotely close to PETA like people being equal to animals. They are a resource though. And in my book, poaching is just like being a thief. Youre stealing a resource and stealing opportunities from people that hunt the right way. I don't know bout y'all, but I'm fine with thieves being charged with a felony. I'm really not sure why this is even controversial among a group of hardcore hunters.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kicker,

I think your confusing animals rights with animal value. To date I don't know of any states enacting harsher penalties for animal rights... But if a state puts (for sake of argument) a $5,000 price tag on a B&C buck and someone poaches it illegally then I don't see the difference between that and felony theft for $5,000. Just like misdemeanor theft and petty misdemeanor theft there should be different tiers based on the economic value the states see's their resource(s) as.

kicker338

WKR
Kicker,

I think your confusing animals rights with animal value. To date I don't know of any states enacting harsher penalties for animal rights... But if a state puts (for sake of argument) a $5,000 price tag on a B&C buck and someone poaches it illegally then I don't see the difference between that and felony theft for $5,000. Just like misdemeanor theft and petty misdemeanor theft there should be different tiers based on the economic value the states see's their resource(s) as.

That's why I said stupid in my op. but the animal lovers PETA etc. have made too many inroads conserning hunting, California shut down the bear hunting for 2 yrs. shut down mountain lion hunt for the foreseeable future. Fought Idaho like crazy over wolves. Just 2 examples, a whole lot more out there. Remember mickel vic and the dog fighting, forgot how many yrs. in jail for that but I do remember the guy in New York who got 3 weekends in jail for raping a woman, both actions were wrong but geez a little inequity there don't you think ?? It's unreal the number of people who commit a crime then get a pennyanty punishment for it, but I do see a strong tendancy for hunting and fishing penalties steadly creeping up.