How do you change a classified ad title.

8seconds

FNG
I posted a Kifaru pack in the classifieds but when I search using the search function and Kifaru as my query my ad does not come up. I noticed that if I put in another word in the title it does come up. I thnk it is because I have a comma right after kifaru. I tried to edit but it wont allow a title edit only the body of the ad. Anyone know how I can fix this to remove the comma in the title.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok it still doesn’t show in a search and neither did another ad with “kifaru”. Honestly don’t know how the search function orders the results, dates weren’t in order so it might be by recent replies which could put yours a few pages back.

OP

8seconds

FNG
fngTony,
I saved it in edit mode and put it TTT. It still will not come up with the search function. Can you delete the entire ad and I will repost it. Maybe just a glitch in the system when I posted it. It will be hard to get any views if people interested in a Kifaru pack cant find it with a search.
Thank you for the help.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
The search function is biased off of relevance. It needs the words in the post as well as the title for it to come up. You didn't use the word kifaru once in the body of the post so it's going to rank lower than other posts that have it in the title and post.

OP

8seconds

FNG
That makes sense. Mystery solved. I had Glendon delete it and will repost when I get home from work. This is good info for others that may run into this issue.
Thanks for the info.