Reduce the chance of getting scammed

Do they use words not commonly used. Think to yourself. Does the average person speak like this? In 32 years, I have never had someone ask me to “kindly send them money” that was legitimate.
If you scroll your junk mail, I see this ALL THE TIME. I get messages claiming to be from different credit card companies asking me to "kindly" reply to the offers. The word "kindly" is a direct indication its a scam.

While were talking about scammers - fun fact. Did you know that the bad grammar and misspellings in the old "Nigerian prince" emails were intentional? To make a long story short, the scammers figured out that if someone kept responding to those emails they were far more likely to follow through with sending them money vs. people responding to perfect grammar who wouldn't fall for it.

DuckDogDr

WKR
I had an instance (not on here) where I had a WTB thread on 2 or 3 different waterfowl forums for a particular type of boat

Had similar response from 3 different user names almost instantaneous. At first I thought guy just didn’t get his user name choice , but then the pics were all the exact same one on google main page.

I figured something was up and sellers would only ship .. I couldn’t come inspect the boat.

Did get lucky and found a retired Marine that was moving from commiefornia to back to Alabama and didn’t have use for it . Good shape and gave me a good price