How do you wake up?

CJohnson

WKR
How does everyone wake up when they are hunting? I’ve used my phone but I get nervous about battery life. I’ve also used a timex wristwatch, but I get nervous about it working all of the time too. Just curious what others do.

I've always gone with people who wake up earlier than I do. Or I have brought a very small alarm clock in the past. Wristwatches are not loud enough for me and I hate to rely on my phone.

jolemons

WKR
Cell phone alarm while running in airplane mode, if needed. My hunting trips are the one time each year where I can forget about deadlines and time, so I don't worry about it. If I sleep in one morning, it doesn't matter, I just roll with the natural rhythm of my body and mind. I eat when I'm hungry, rest when I'm tired, etc. That's one reason I enjoy solo time in the backcountry.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Moserkr

WKR
I leave everything with a battery plugged in overnight. Cold is horrible for batteries and zaps them of life. Alarm is just on the phone as normal, but its more of a fail safe. I always wake up minutes before it goes off anyway.

Akirie

FNG
Cell phone alarm when that's along.
Or rhythm of the day, like jolemons said above.

My trusty watch died last fall, so I picked up a new one at the store the day I left on a moose hunt. Fred Meyer jewelry department.....bought the cheapest 'decent' watch they had. It was a Casio with vibration alarm. I have to say I ended up really liking it- not for mornings but for the hourly chime. I liked getting a quiet vibration on the hour; it helped me keep track of how I was applying my time in the field. Its not hard to glance at your watch.....but I considered it a surprise gear win.

I tossed the box and wore it out of the store.....took me an hour to figure out how to turn the vibration on/off that night.

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Wobl watch - didn't expect to stumble on something new but will check it out. Thanks, Huntsman.

I haven't needed or used any type alarm for something like 25 years. Don't ask me to explain it. If I go to bed knowing I need to wake up at 4:00, that's when I'll wake up. Same with any other time. Drives my alarm-dependent wife nuts. When it's time to wake up / get up, that's exactly what I do. Out of bed or out of the sleeping bag immediately and start getting ready for the day.

WMag338

WKR
Phone here too. Have it plugged in anyways to my battery pack. Probably on airplane mode when no service. Also, my Garmin InReach has an alarm too.

EdP

WKR
Timex watch but I don't leave it on my arm. I put it next to me near my head and it is plenty loud. On my arm it can be in a position that gets muffled.

Blazin67

FNG
Same as some of the others with the internal alarm clock, whenever I do set an alarm clock for work on my cell I always seem to wake up 10-20 minutes before it goes off. then hit snooze for 10 min. when hunting I'm anxious to get up and get going anyhow, so no alarm needed.

I haven't needed or used any type alarm for something like 25 years. Don't ask me to explain it. If I go to bed knowing I need to wake up at 4:00, that's when I'll wake up. Same with any other time. Drives my alarm-dependent wife nuts. When it's time to wake up / get up, that's exactly what I do. Out of bed or out of the sleeping bag immediately and start getting ready for the day.
Same here. very light sleeper and just get up when I need to. I do wear my watch to bed(it tracks sleep rythms I guess) so I just check it when I wake up multiple times at night. And no it's not just because I am old. Ive been that way as long as I can remember. Ive probably woken up to an alarm a handful of times in the last 20 years. I don't even set mine anymore. My wife is the same. sleeps like the dead.