How to Quiet a QAD Ultrarest HDX?

Finn16

WKR
I've been running moleskin on my arrow launcher to quiet the sound arrows make when drawing back. It's time to replace it and am wondering what you guys are using? I considered the pre-cut kit from QAD but the reviews on Amazon are not real good with a lot of comments about the adhesive not holding. Thanks in advance for the help.

87TT

WKR
Never thought it made any noise unless my arrow was bouncing around because of nock pinch.. That said, I put shrink tube on the sides and top bar.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
QAD's pre-cut "felt" used to be actual felt. Not sure when they changed it, but their newer stuff is horrible, and it does have problems sticking. It also has a rougher texture that certainly doesn't look or feel like felt. I could super glue it down, but it still isn't felt. I'm probably going to just cut my own with real felt.

I’ve been using this for a month or so and like it. Agree, whatever comes with the rests now isn’t great and doesn’t last long

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using one of these recently too-overall happy with it. I did have to trim some excess material from the fork cover to get it to fit, but it’s quiet and the added material has the benefit of keeping my .204 arrows fully contained. with the stock felt it was possibly for my arrow to come out of the rest between the prong and the top bar. no Signs of wear after probably 300 or so shots

OP
Finn16

Finn16

WKR
I’ve been using this for a month or so and like it. Agree, whatever comes with the rests now isn’t great and doesn’t last long
Did you have to lower your rest any after installing it?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
with the stock felt it was possibly for my arrow to come out of the rest between the prong and the top bar.
I removed the top bar on my HDX in 2015, and have hunted without it since without any issues at all. And I even run with an arrow nocked at times while elk hunting.

I got some adhesive backed medical moleskin on Amazon. Super cheap and has worked great. I also don’t understand why QAD wouldn’t have something decent to put on..

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
I really like using 5 mil UHMW tape, 1/2" wide. Sticks really well, quiet drawing an arrow across it, and holds up extremely well. Can find it on Amazon for around $9 bucks. Wears way longer than moleskin.
I have also seen people use serving and wrap the launcher. Haven't tried that yet but bet that would hold up really well too.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I wish I could just take my old launcher off my other bow and put it on my Mathews, but the Mathews needs the TL1 launcher so had to wrap that one with new. The old launcher was wrapped with the QAD felt in 2015 and is still dead quiet after 10's of 1000's of shots.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I picked up some adhesive backed felt and cut to fit with felt overlapping with itself. I the super glued the felt to itself.