How to replace this zipper slider

sndmn11

WKR
What are the symptoms?

You can replace it very easily on your own. If it is on the tent I think it is, you'd really only have to pay attention to the orientation of the top slide set and the bottom.

Take a picture of the top of where the teeth end, underneath the weather flap.

OP
C
Pic of the top. Zipper often won't close all along its length not just the high wear areas. I can hold it a certain way so it closes. I'm not seeing a way to replace it without sewing.
20220926_145305.jpg

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If it's just a slider, it can be fixed a home fairly easily. I did it on my TiGoat tipi. Cutting stitches is delicate work, and rerunnning zippers from the tail is more difficult than from the nose, but not impossible. You wouldn't need to do anything at the top.

If the zipper itself is bad and needs to be replaced, I personally wouldn't touch it. Silnylon is a pain to deal with in any quantity.

BBob

WKR
Have you tried to crimp it (the slider) a little tighter? Sometimes that's all it takes to get one to close correctly again. Take a pair of pliers and put something like thick folder paper over the slider to keep from marring it and crimp it a little and see how it does.

OP
C
Have you tried to crimp it (the slider) a little tighter? Sometimes that's all it takes to get one to close correctly again. Take a pair of pliers and put something like thick folder paper over the slider to keep from marring it and crimp it a little and see how it does.
I remember this tip from buying Kelty years ago. I use this thing a ton so I'm wanting a long term solution.

This.

I've remedied a few zippers with a little tweak of the pliers.
BE GENTLE. It doesn't that much.