Howa Mini Action 6ARC Reviews

TheCreeds

FNG
I was wondering who has the Howa Mini Action in 6 ARC. I don't want to handload right now, and ammo can be found pretty cheap. I noticed it carries enough velocity to get me out to a decent effective range. I am just a little worried about having only two ammo options. I am mainly curious how the factory 108 ELDM's have shot. What have you guys experienced?

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I've spent a fair amount of time with one (22" sporter barrel) over the last several months. I bedded it in a Stocky's ULtra carbon hunter (if I were doing it again I'd have gotten the VG version), put a 2.5-10 NXS on it, put JO bdl bm/mag box in it, replaced the trigger, and burned through factory 108's. Majority of time has been shooting at 300 and I've not really shot for groups at 100 yards but it's making consistent fist size groups on steel at 300. I purchased the factory ammo mainly because brass wasn't available and the ammo was. I need to get started loading for it but I may just get more ammo...I've been pleased with it.

I shoot a 6.5 Gren in a mini as well and like it but haven't spent as much time shooting it as I have the ARC.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
Jcm, I have had a mini on backorder for a few months and waiting for delivery before ordering my Stocky's stock. Can you elaborate on why you would go with the VG version? My rifle will be primarily a range toy but may go hunting too. Thanks

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Jcm, I have had a mini on backorder for a few months and waiting for delivery before ordering my Stocky's stock. Can you elaborate on why you would go with the VG version? My rifle will be primarily a range toy but may go hunting too. Thanks

Curiosity as much as anything, but I do prefer a vertical grip on anything I'm shooting prone. Most of my time with the 6ARC mini has been at 300 yards shooting prone. I'm starting to prefer a vertical grip even while shooting offhand...but I go back and forth on that. I can work with either grip style, prone or up, but I know my trigger pull is cleaner with a vertical grip. The Stockys with standard/classic grip is a fine stock, it's not an issue with the stock at all, just my preference is moving more to a vertical grip...and my curiosity to try the VG model.

ThatDUDE

WKR
First group with the new Howa Mini 6mm ARC. Used the $53 factory Niko Sterling scope.

Super happy and excited to see what it will do with a better optic

Attachments

• IMG_5132.jpeg
    IMG_5132.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 98

ThatDUDE

WKR
Howa Mini 6 ARC. 105 grain Hornady black. I am hoping I can tighten things up even more once I get used to the SWFA 3-9. I would have also benefited from a suppressor cover. Mirage got pretty significant in the cold weather.

Attachments

• IMG_5163.jpeg
    IMG_5163.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I've spent a fair amount of time with one (22" sporter barrel) over the last several months. I bedded it in a Stocky's ULtra carbon hunter (if I were doing it again I'd have gotten the VG version), put a 2.5-10 NXS on it, put JO bdl bm/mag box in it, replaced the trigger, and burned through factory 108's. Majority of time has been shooting at 300 and I've not really shot for groups at 100 yards but it's making consistent fist size groups on steel at 300. I purchased the factory ammo mainly because brass wasn't available and the ammo was. I need to get started loading for it but I may just get more ammo...I've been pleased with it.

I shoot a 6.5 Gren in a mini as well and like it but haven't spent as much time shooting it as I have the ARC.
What does this weigh?

JCMCUBIC

WKR
What does this weigh?

I'll try to remember to get an exact weight for you tonight. I do know the Stocky's I put on it was noticeably heavier than the stock that came on my 6.5 Gr. I can't remember the exact weight of the stock but it was well above the weights Stocky's lists, I think around 21 oz. It was a second and I could find no blemish on it so I assume the weight was the reason. That said, it's also MUCH more solid than the stock on my 6.5 Gr, especially in the butt. The stock on the 6.5 Gr can be compressed if I push in from the sides....the stock on the ARC will not move. In all honestly, I prefer that solidity in comparison to the other, even at the cost of extra weight.

If I don't have a weight for you by tomorrow, please pm to remind me.

I'll try to remember to get an exact weight for you tonight. I do know the Stocky's I put on it was noticeably heavier than the stock that came on my 6.5 Gr. I can't remember the exact weight of the stock but it was well above the weights Stocky's lists, I think around 21 oz. It was a second and I could find no blemish on it so I assume the weight was the reason. That said, it's also MUCH more solid than the stock on my 6.5 Gr, especially in the butt. The stock on the 6.5 Gr can be compressed if I push in from the sides....the stock on the ARC will not move. In all honestly, I prefer that solidity in comparison to the other, even at the cost of extra weight.

If I don't have a weight for you by tomorrow, please pm to remind me.
Another question - how much do they discount the factory 2nds?

JCMCUBIC

WKR
The weight on the 22" sporter 6 ARC w/Burris bases, APA lows, NXS 2.5-10x42, SWFA level, JO bottom metal, and the "heavier" Stocky's is ~6 lbs 14 oz. I think it would come in about 5 oz's lighter with a normal Stocky's.

The with on the 22" sporter 6.5 Gr w/Burris bases, Seekins 1" lows, S&B 6x42 Klassic 1", level, JO bottom metal and the lighter Stocky's is ~6lbs 4 oz.

I'll still be hunting until mid Feb so I didn't pull the stocks to weight them individually. After the season I'll try to remember to get an exact weight each on the stocks.

I can't remember the exact price on the seconds. I think it was around $300 + shipping for the cost. If I needed one, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a non second with the 30% discount code if it's still current.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
22” proof CF Sendero, Trijicon Tenmile, vortex pro rings, ultra 7, stocky’s VG2, dip bottom metal

5D4AB30C-4531-49CC-84B4-533B670F4036.jpeg

Just ordered the rifle today. I went 20” heavy barrel. I’am going to keep my eyes open for a deal on a stocky’s stock, until then the cheap factory plastic one will do.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just ordered the rifle today. I went 20” heavy barrel. I’am going to keep my eyes open for a deal on a stocky’s stock, until then the cheap factory plastic one will do.
I have the traditional style CF stock listed, opened it up to Sendero, if interested.

ThatDUDE

WKR
I love mine. I put a SWFA 3-9 on it. It’s a ton of fun with a suppressor. I ordered medium rings though. With the low rings that came with my gun, my suppressor was showing up in the bottom of the scope.