Howa Mini Action 6ARC Reviews

ThatDUDE

WKR
I have to make another plug for the Howa Mini in 6 ARC. Mine is currently set up with an SWFA 3-9 and a Hyperion K suppressor. My 8-year-old daughter shot it for the first time last night. She got a few hits on steel at 410 yards. In her words..."Dad I only want to shoot this gun now." Also, "Dad when can I get a gun like this?".

It was fun to see her enjoy it so much. The ideas presented in this forum about ballistics and cartridge capabilities when paired with the right projectile led me down the path to get a 6mm ARC for the kids. Thanks to all those who have contributed the wisdom.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have to make another plug for the Howa Mini in 6 ARC. Mine is currently set up with an SWFA 3-9 and a Hyperion K suppressor. My 8-year-old daughter shot it for the first time last night. She got a few hits on steel at 410 yards. In her words..."Dad I only want to shoot this gun now." Also, "Dad when can I get a gun like this?".

It was fun to see her enjoy it so much. The ideas presented in this forum about ballistics and cartridge capabilities when paired with the right projectile led me down the path to get a 6mm ARC for the kids. Thanks to all those who have contributed the wisdom.
So happy for you and your daughter! How cool is that. Love it when a kid finds “their gun” and want to shoot.

eric1115

WKR

It doesn't get much better than that.

Fubijar

FNG
Man, I love my little Mini in 6.5G and didn’t even realize a 6ARC was being made. Seems like that would be such a good fit, and at least around me the ammo is much much more available.

I really enjoy my 22” sporter barrel Howa Mini barreled action I got from Brownells. I put it in a Bell and Carlson M40 stock and fitment was perfect with tons of room for the skinny barrel.

I have 320 rounds down the bore and found a 108 ELDM hand load that shoots sub MOA. Recoil is negligible with a can and I look forward to deer hunting with it later this year.

The factory HACT trigger has grown on me and I will not be replacing it.

IMG_0119.jpeg

IMG_0112.jpeg

Ballistic-X-Export-2024-03-17 12:26:39.881079.jpg

IMG_0145.jpeg

Qholum37

Lil-Rokslider
Jcm, I have had a mini on backorder for a few months and waiting for delivery before ordering my Stocky's stock. Can you elaborate on why you would go with the VG version? My rifle will be primarily a range toy but may go hunting too. Thanks
Curiosity as much as anything, but I do prefer a vertical grip on anything I'm shooting prone. Most of my time with the 6ARC mini has been at 300 yards shooting prone. I'm starting to prefer a vertical grip even while shooting offhand...but I go back and forth on that. I can work with either grip style, prone or up, but I know my trigger pull is cleaner with a vertical grip. The Stockys with standard/classic grip is a fine stock, it's not an issue with the stock at all, just my preference is moving more to a vertical grip...and my curiosity to try the VG model.
I totally agree with this, I’m more comfortable with a vertical grip in all positions so that’s pretty much all I will be buying from here on out. More comfortable hand position and I would say just as fast handling for offhand quicker shots. I don’t see any downsides to a vertical grip.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I totally agree with this, I’m more comfortable with a vertical grip in all positions so that’s pretty much all I will be buying from here on out. More comfortable hand position and I would say just as fast handling for offhand quicker shots. I don’t see any downsides to a vertical grip.

I picked up a VG mini stock a while back, swapped stocks, and have been shooting it on the 6ARC. From prone I much prefer the VG. Offhand...I'm still not an absolute either way. I do feel like I'm better able to follow a "mover" (side to side) while shooting offhand with a classic grip.

I do wish the mini VG stock's action width was the same as the mini hunter stock's action width. When carried in hand (JO bdl installed) the VG is noticeably wider and more square through the action inlet.

It's great to have these two options for the mini's.

wabash503

FNG
I really enjoy my 22” sporter barrel Howa Mini barreled action I got from Brownells. I put it in a Bell and Carlson M40 stock and fitment was perfect with tons of room for the skinny barrel.

I have 320 rounds down the bore and found a 108 ELDM hand load that shoots sub MOA. Recoil is negligible with a can and I look forward to deer hunting with it later this year.

The factory HACT trigger has grown on me and I will not be replacing it.

View attachment 691014

View attachment 691015

View attachment 691017

View attachment 691016
What powders did you try out when developing your load? Thx.