hoyt spyder turbo 80# need arrow advice

Alphaman77

Lil-Rokslider
just got my new turbo and need some advice on arrows I'm shooting full metal jacket 340 and 100 grain point with 50 grain insert , they are cut at 27 3/16. looking at archers advantage even switching to 300 they will still be underspined. It is showing way underspined shooting through paper. Any help will for sure be appreciated.

Craig4791

WKR
Ya your going to need a .250 at the minimum and might even roll into the .200 area with that setup.

Craig4791

WKR
You might take a look at the Gold Tip big game series. Or reduce point weight and try to tune to make up for the underspined shaft.

shaun

WKR
Shooting same bow and poundage I am shooting a 300fmj and it tuned fine for me. I know AA does say it is underspined but it tuned and shoots tacks all day long

OP
A

Alphaman77

Lil-Rokslider
Did some yoke tuning and it is almost dead on now even with 340s man I can't wait for new string to come in

OP
A

Alphaman77

Lil-Rokslider
Still got the stock junker on it winners choice should be here first of next week and I am gonna try out some gt kinetic 200s

OP
A

Alphaman77

Lil-Rokslider
Shot a couple fmj 340s with the 4h kids tonite and man that thing is unreal untuned in 30 mph wind grouped less than an inch at 30 and our little grass targets were like shooting through paper. I am in love for sure

shaun

WKR
Still got the stock junker on it winners choice should be here first of next week and I am gonna try out some gt kinetic 200s

Be careful with stock strings I have personally seen 2 bows in shop here where they crimped the speed beads flat almost and severed through a portion of the string and one blew up the other was caught ahead of time

rodney482

WKR
Get rid of the 50 gr insert.

reduce lbs

go to a .250

those are your 3 choices..

Alphaman77, did you get ahold of some GT Kinetic 200s yet? I have a similar set up but my bow is only 70 pounds, 29.5". I am shooting 27.5" CTC Axis arrows and it shows underspined with 100 grain heads. I wanted to shoot a heavier head and was wondering if I added brass HIT to these shafts if it would be a good starting point.

I used a 27.5" Gt kinetic 300 spine with a 125 grain head out of a 80pound vector turbo. Arrows shot and grouped amazing!

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Those stock strings on the Hoyt's are a lot better than you might think... They're built right with BCY materials. Pre-stretched (very high tension), pre twisted, and served under full tension. Worlds better than "factory" strings of old. I have used a set on one of my bows for two years. I also use Winner's Choice strings, but don't toss the old ones. Keep them for backup. They are probably better than a lot of custom strings on the market.

Sorry for the thread HiJack. Sounds like you got it shooting - I was going to suggest a little yoke tuning. You should be able to make a 300 work, maybe even a 340 depending on your draw length. I have used the TT FC rest to allow me to shorten arrows up a bunch. Old school thought is that overdraws require stiffer arrows - I tend to disagree - as long as you're cutting the arrow shorter of course. I've shot .400's off a 6" brace Katera with OD at 73-74 pounds - shot amazing and tuned wonderfully. I would keep the 50 grain brass personally - that 150 grains in the front is long range magic.

Coop