Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Highcountryhoyt-
thanks for the feedback! Hoped you enjoyed all those color photos in the e-version. I really wish I could have done color in the paperback but it would have put me in serious debt and put the cost of the book over $50! Every time I look at one of the Kindle versions, I'm blown away how nice the color looks on screen.

If you have time, throw a review up on Amazon. I'm light on Amazon e-book reviews. Thanks again.

http://www.amazon.com/Hunting-Big-Mule-Deer-Take-ebook/dp/B014TCOX0C/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1

Ftguides

Lil-Rokslider
One of your fans turned me on to your book. gotta say congrats and say that it is in the top 1-2 books on the subject I've read. Part of that is because it was written well and the other part is you cover a lot of the realistic ways big muleys get harvested. kindle version was fantastic. thanks for putting it together.

Johnson27

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for a great book Robby. I'm reading it for the second time and things are starting to click. I've been to focused on the big picture in all my western hunting. Keep up the good work.

Also reviewed it on amazon.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all, if you purchased a book at the recent Salt Lake City Expo, you got a defective copy. I picked up that shipment right before the show and didn't inspect the books closely. Later I noticed the photo quality was terrible. It's easy to tell if you received a defective copy. If you go to page 118 and look at the trail camera photo

attachment.php

If your book photo looks like the one on the right, it's a defective copy. Your photo should look like the one on the left- big buck fully visible.

I'll be glad to replace any of these copies. Again, these were the copies sold at the Salt Lake Expo. Just PM me your name and address and I'll get your book replaced. I remember most people who bought one but please don't be offended if I ask you to show me a photo of 118- this is an expensive mistake so I need to minimize the bleeding and only replace defective copies. You do NOT need to send your defective copy back.

Of course I'll re-sign the books before shipping so if you want a custom message besides just your name, please clarify that in the PM.

Thank you!

Robby, I killed the biggest buck of my life last season, a 160 muley. I was and still am so happy and thankfull. I pretty much told myself that he is the best buck i will ever get, but now im 2/3 through your book and you have me thinking maybe not.
great read,and well done.

Osprey

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for a great read. I got your book a few weeks ago and could tell instantly that this was written by a very knowledgeable real world public land buck hunter. Theirs no doubt that the information provided in this book will help me in my pursuit of mature public land mulies as long as I do my part as the hunter. Even though I haven't hunted Mulies yet I've been on several public Elk trips. One of which I spotted a giant 6x6 mulie in an somewhat easy to draw Deer unit, I can't ignore the fact that unit has the cover and genetics despite mixed reviews of the unit by hunters. If I draw that tag next season I'm going to go in a week early scouting and try and turn up a good one before the rifle opener.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Robby, I'll get with you on my copy, it's one of the defective ones but that hasn't stopped me from reading it!

SkinnyPete

Lil-Rokslider
Got the E-book last night. I'm about 1/2 way through and I am really enjoying it! Great job on the book! Well worth the read :)

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Pete,
enjoy all those color photos. Wish I could have done that in the hard copy.

jmden

WKR
Picked up a copy off amazon and read it in a couple of days and am re-reading the sections near the back about actual hunting. Good stuff! Thanks. PS...the very best section is the very last section!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks jmden for the feedback. I like the the last half of the book the most, too!

Bar

Banned
I also bought the e-book version. I find it easier to read on the computer than a book. I've read it once and enjoyed it. I always find it interesting on how others hunt. I tend to read a book fast the first time, so I think i'll read it again to absorb it better.

Good job Robby.

Bar

Banned
I'm trying to write one for deer and elk, but i'm having a hard time getting my thoughts written down so it's easy to understand. I didn't realize what I do a lot is instinctive, and putting that into words is hard for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.