Hunting GMU 19 in Idaho

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking at unit 19 in Idaho to take my future son in law mule deer hunting in the next couple of years . I've got friends in Elk City and Grangeville and they say the Gospel Hump is a great place to backpack into.
I've got busy looking and researching plus talking to people who know the area . It's got me exited again about hunting and learning a new area.
Over the years we've hunted lots of different units in Idaho with 27 my favorite , but finding a new are is always fun and challenging. We are always willing to hike , bike ,boat and fly. So what do you guys and gals think of this area . Let me know good or bad . Research come from all angles.

jd30069

FNG
I'm looking at unit 19 in Idaho to take my future son in law mule deer hunting in the next couple of years . I've got friends in Elk City and Grangeville and they say the Gospel Hump is a great place to backpack into.
I've got busy looking and researching plus talking to people who know the area . It's got me exited again about hunting and learning a new area.
Over the years we've hunted lots of different units in Idaho with 27 my favorite , but finding a new are is always fun and challenging. We are always willing to hike , bike ,boat and fly. So what do you guys and gals think of this area . Let me know good or bad . Research come from all angles.
i don't know if you are still active in this forum but if you are i would like to know how this hunt went for you. I have been searching the older conversations as i am changing units this fall and heading to the Elk City area. B-tag elk and general deer and wolf. Just a hiker- no ATV or stock.. any contact information would be helpful.
Was the road passable from Dixie to the Gospel Hump? Truck, jeep, ATV ??