Hunting with a watch?

MNBill

Lil-Rokslider
Garmin Fenix 5x here. Lots of great features discussed above., but I like having the redundancy of having another gps besides my Mini. 2 is 1 yada yada.

Funny how times change with all the love for the Casio G Shock. I remember when those came out in the 80s and only nerds wore em now they appear to be THE watch for outdoorsman if the sentiment here is accurate. Mind you, i know zero about whats cool or needed in a watch. Mine is like 20 years old and i think it just tells time, might have date on it i never paid attention?

Guess it’s the same as how my niece wears jeans up to her armpits now but in the 80s we would call you Urkel for wearing jeans like that, lol.

ZuluBravo

WKR
Oh man, just be thankful you haven’t caught the watch bug. I just spent way too much $$ on a MilSub. Lol

For a good hunting watch if recommend a Garmin if you car about GPS. If not can’t go wrong with a G-Shock or Suunto ABC watch such as the Core Alpha.

WCB94

FNG
I hunt with my GShock Rangeman - I'm able to use it for altitude, barometrics, temperature, and alarms. Most importantly, it provides me with sunrise/sunset times.

h2so4

WKR
Whatever you get, test the alarm function to make sure it will wake you up. I have a lower end g shock and the alarm is only two short beeps and that’s it. It would never wake me up.
I had a nicer g shock, I think a rangeMan, and it was awesome. A little thicker than I’d prefer but it was solar, atomic and the alarm was great. It was a 3 sensor deal, too. Lost that at my buddies wedding after a week in the woods. Whoops.

Would never be in the woods without a watch. Usually a cheap ass Casio from Amazon - don’t want to deal with a GPS or smart watch of any kind (although use a cheap garmin for running). I want to know how long I have been sitting, how long I’ve been hiking, or how much daylight is left. Wear an automatic most days but wouldn’t leave home without a watch.

I have a fenix 5x. I Upgraded from a 3.
I don't use any of the features other than having it tell me time. It does a bunch of stuff that kills the battery, I just want to tell time and count my steps.

I never wore a watch until a few years ago, now I feel naked without it. Keeps me from looking at my phone all day checking time etc.
Battery lasts about 2 weeks or so on a charge.

Start using all the extra features like heart rate, GPS, etc and the battery dies pretty quickly

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk