I gots the Covid.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
IMO it’s wrong to put other peoples lives/health at risk because you made the choice to not use the only ammo that is available to use against the enemy.
We have been told over and over by the so-called experts that the vaccinations work. So IF that ammo works, and everyone has the same "choice" on which ammo to choose........whose lives and health are the unvaccinated putting at risk?????

fwafwow

WKR
Also, would you watch this? Just the LAST MINUTE of this video. Start at 23:00. This interview was April 2019.

I would respectfully ask you, where did that fauci go? Where was that message? Why did it change? Two years later, why hasn't that advice been shouted from the rooftops?

Pretty interesting

bpa556

FNG
IMO it’s wrong to put other peoples lives/health at risk because you made the choice to not use the only ammo that is available to use against the enemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, it’s not an American’s responsibility to protect the health of anyone else, especially not at the expense of personal liberty. This nation was founded on personal responsibility. If you’re concerned about contracting a virus, take personal precautions. Don’t try to force everyone else to do it on your behalf.

Accusing someone of “endangering” the health of others by declining an experimental vaccine against an endemic virus is ridiculous. It’s typical leftist nonsense. Every adversity in life has to be blamed on something so the government can “fix” it.

dtrkyman

WKR
Everyone uses the don't you care about others argument, if the vaccinated are so sure how effective it is why should they care what I choose, they are safe.

It does not stop the spread and maybe the vaccinated cause more spread? If they do not get sick due to the vax then they are out and about not knowing they are spreading, the non vax person gets ill and stays away from others. You can spin it any way you like to fit your personal beliefs.

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, really? This is laughable, “why our medical experts have totally ignored telling Americans to get healthy is totally beyond you”, seriously? You’re joking, right? So what, you believe that this whole time “our medical experts” were conspiring against the American people and not promoting good health and fitness? Wake up brother, our “medical experts” have been advocating for healthy living, diet and exercise from the beginning, and if you believe that not to be true than I got nothing for you, and you should probably seek out a place to live that has a better health care system.

It's not fair to say "medical experts have totally ignored telling Americans to get healthy". However, at a minimum, the advice given on how to "get healthy" has been an epic failure for decades. Look around, including among hospital staff. How's that advice working out? It's led to essentially no one believing that medical experts advice on healthy living has any real probability of working. This is a subject for a much longer conversation, but basically the advice sucks.

Yes, we should eat right and exercise, and avoid alcohol, tobacco, and get sleep. The medical profession has blown it so badly on the "eat right" front though, that trust is not warranted, and nobody really believes that more of the same advice is going to lead to solve the problems of chronic conditions (the COVID co-morbidities). Knowing that, why really bother seriously advocating anything but pharma interventions? Add to that the financial incentives of said interventions.

Best I can tell, the most destructive thing America has ever done, was to inflict our dietary guidelines on the rest of the world. The results of that advice make Stalin, Mao and Hitler look like pikers. As bad as COVID is, it's nothing to the epidemic of modern chronic diseases.

So here we are...with a marvelous medical system that is fantastic at bringing acutely ill people back from the brink of death. But also mostly incapable of keeping them from becoming horribly unhealthy in the first place. I don't blame our doctors, nurses, etc personally for that BTW. We are all human, it's very hard to realize and admit that much of what we were taught (from ridiculously expensive and prestigious schools) and accepted CAN'T be true. Much of it, in hindsight, looks laughable and absurd.
(a tiny sample: salt and fat are evil, saturated fat is the devil, eliminate all dietary cholesterol, red meat will kill you....but go ahead an load up on "healthy whole grains", fruit juice, replace all your fats with industrial seed oils, get most everyone on statins, and you must get at least 45% of calories from carbs, etc, etc).

Frustration with the medical profession is warranted. My MIL's only advice from the hospital when she got COVID last April was "stay home, take Tylenol, drink fluid", and come in when you have trouble breathing. Individual doctors aside, where is the public message about the importance of maintaining adequate vitamin D levels?

The best thing I ever did for my health was to reject what didn't make sense, which included vast swaths of the the advice of "medical experts", and I now basically eat as if Europeans never got to the new world. Yet from the medical experts, I've heard again and again and again and again how I should be dead, from untold maladies. None of which has even remotely stood up to scrutiny. It's really annoying to them that I keep not dying, and even thrive.

So, there's an ironic point in there about the importance of general health advice in dealing with COVID.
People are rightly frustrated that medical experts don't emphasize the importance of general health advice enough.
And doctors rightly realize that their general health advice isn't going to help much, and that mRNA injections are much more likely to provide benefit, and are a more effective use of their time against COVID.
And I contend that the whole discussion is largely irrelevant, because the general health advice largely sucks.

Come get your vaccine, and get a free donut.

It's not fair to say "medical experts have totally ignored telling Americans to get healthy". However, at a minimum, the advice given on how to "get healthy" has been an epic failure for decades. Look around, including among hospital staff. How's that advice working out? It's led to essentially no one believing that medical experts advice on healthy living has any real probability of working. This is a subject for a much longer conversation, but basically the advice sucks.

Yes, we should eat right and exercise, and avoid alcohol, tobacco, and get sleep. The medical profession has blown it so badly on the "eat right" front though, that trust is not warranted, and nobody really believes that more of the same advice is going to lead to solve the problems of chronic conditions (the COVID co-morbidities). Knowing that, why really bother seriously advocating anything but pharma interventions? Add to that the financial incentives of said interventions.

Best I can tell, the most destructive thing America has ever done, was to inflict our dietary guidelines on the rest of the world. The results of that advice make Stalin, Mao and Hitler look like pikers. As bad as COVID is, it's nothing to the epidemic of modern chronic diseases.

So here we are...with a marvelous medical system that is fantastic at bringing acutely ill people back from the brink of death. But also mostly incapable of keeping them from becoming horribly unhealthy in the first place. I don't blame our doctors, nurses, etc personally for that BTW. We are all human, it's very hard to realize and admit that much of what we were taught (from ridiculously expensive and prestigious schools) and accepted CAN'T be true. Much of it, in hindsight, looks laughable and absurd.
(a tiny sample: salt and fat are evil, saturated fat is the devil, eliminate all dietary cholesterol, red meat will kill you....but go ahead an load up on "healthy whole grains", fruit juice, replace all your fats with industrial seed oils, get most everyone on statins, and you must get at least 45% of calories from carbs, etc, etc).

Frustration with the medical profession is warranted. My MIL's only advice from the hospital when she got COVID last April was "stay home, take Tylenol, drink fluid", and come in when you have trouble breathing. Individual doctors aside, where is the public message about the importance of maintaining adequate vitamin D levels?

The best thing I ever did for my health was to reject what didn't make sense, which included vast swaths of the the advice of "medical experts", and I now basically eat as if Europeans never got to the new world. Yet from the medical experts, I've heard again and again and again and again how I should be dead, from untold maladies. None of which has even remotely stood up to scrutiny. It's really annoying to them that I keep not dying, and even thrive.

So, there's an ironic point in there about the importance of general health advice in dealing with COVID.
People are rightly frustrated that medical experts don't emphasize the importance of general health advice enough.
And doctors rightly realize that their general health advice isn't going to help much, and that mRNA injections are much more likely to provide benefit, and are a more effective use of their time against COVID.
And I contend that the whole discussion is largely irrelevant, because the general health advice largely sucks.

Come get your vaccine, and get a free donut.
Agree.
Imo it was a missed opportunity to have a discussion, as a nation, on what getting healthy can do for all of us.

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
Agree.
Imo it was a missed opportunity to have a discussion, as a nation, on what getting healthy can do for all of us.
A couple points to that discussion. It should include:

1. what getting healthy can do for us to prevent disease
2. What is healthy in the first place, and only then do we talk about
3. How to achieve "health"

"Get health" isn't working.

Also, we hear regularly that "healthy" young adults are getting seriously ill with COVID (at least more often with Delta variant). Fair enough, but what do we mean by healthy?
Young and lean, and not yet diagnosed with a chronic condition (like diabetes) does not meet my understanding of healthy. We've become so accustomed to people being seriously unhealthy, that we have very little understanding of what level of health is attainable.
The average American is a mess. And that goes for the 20 year old athlete as well, as best I can tell. They just haven't reached clinical levels of disfunction yet, but most are on their way.

If recollection serves, the CDC says 88% of American adults (over 45?) show some degree of metabolic syndrome. I think the true health picture is probably worse than that if you consider Vit D level, fasting insulin, inflammation markers, fat accumulation on internal organs, autoimmune issues, digestive problems, sleep problems, etc.

So few people are healthy by those considerations, that we've normalized poor health, and lowered the bar to what's considered healthy.

I'd really like to see a more detailed look at the health markers above in the otherwise "healthy" young adults that have had COVID hospitalization or long haul COVID symptoms.

I don't know what that would look like, but I suspect most "healthy" young people hospitalized with COVID probably have low Vit D levels (because most people do), are on their way to diabetes (because most people are), etc.

That's not to say that I consider myself immune from COVID, or that there's no risk. But best I can tell, the (extremely rare) guys like me don't have serious problems from it. I could be wrong, but that's what the anecdotal evidence looks like. There won't be any studies on guys like me, so that's the best I can do.

4rcgoat

WKR
A couple points to that discussion. It should include:

1. what getting healthy can do for us to prevent disease
2. What is healthy in the first place, and only then do we talk about
3. How to achieve "health"

"Get health" isn't working.

Also, we hear regularly that "healthy" young adults are getting seriously ill with COVID (at least more often with Delta variant). Fair enough, but what do we mean by healthy?
Young and lean, and not yet diagnosed with a chronic condition (like diabetes) does not meet my understanding of healthy. We've become so accustomed to people being seriously unhealthy, that we have very little understanding of what level of health is attainable.
The average American is a mess. And that goes for the 20 year old athlete as well, as best I can tell. They just haven't reached clinical levels of disfunction yet, but most are on their way.

If recollection serves, the CDC says 88% of American adults (over 45?) show some degree of metabolic syndrome. I think the true health picture is probably worse than that if you consider Vit D level, fasting insulin, inflammation markers, fat accumulation on internal organs, autoimmune issues, digestive problems, sleep problems, etc.

So few people are healthy by those considerations, that we've normalized poor health, and lowered the bar to what's considered healthy.

I'd really like to see a more detailed look at the health markers above in the otherwise "healthy" young adults that have had COVID hospitalization or long haul COVID symptoms.

I don't know what that would look like, but I suspect most "healthy" young people hospitalized with COVID probably have low Vit D levels (because most people do), are on their way to diabetes (because most people are), etc.

That's not to say that I consider myself immune from COVID, or that there's no risk. But best I can tell, the (extremely rare) guys like me don't have serious problems from it. I could be wrong, but that's what the anecdotal evidence looks like. There won't be any studies on guys like me, so that's the best I can do.
There is no profit in a healthy society

inyago

FNG
Untill you get rid of the shit fast food industry, ie maccas, kentucky, dunkin garbage, coke choke and the
other 200 bits of crap being passed as food you haven't a chance...
Why has no advice been given about strengthening your immune system..
And last but not least why is fauci treated like a god when the clown is implicated in the making of this virus...
And profiting from bullshit vaccines him and his cronies are espousing..
When are they bringing out the vaccine you have once end of story..

Untill you get rid of the shit fast food industry, ie maccas, kentucky, dunkin garbage, coke choke and the
other 200 bits of crap being passed as food you haven't a chance...
Why has no advice been given about strengthening your immune system..
And last but not least why is fauci treated like a god when the clown is implicated in the making of this virus...
And profiting from bullshit vaccines him and his cronies are espousing..
When are they bringing out the vaccine you have once end of story..

Since covid has started the lines around these fast food garbage places has been ridiculous! Lunch and dinner. 20-30 cars in the drive through at all times. Absolutely insane.

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
We have been told over and over by the so-called experts that the vaccinations work. So IF that ammo works, and everyone has the same "choice" on which ammo to choose........whose lives and health are the unvaccinated putting at risk?????
My co-worker's mother is in a hospital in a rural small town. Not Covid related. They (her dr.'s) desprately want to move her to a larger ICU...no room in ANY of the hospitals within 200 miles. I know for a fact the biggest hospital in the region is almost completely full of non-vaxxed Covid long-haulers.
We tell you over, & over, & over again, not gettinv vaxxed DOES effect others. And a significant number just refuse to listen.
THIS is why a lot of places are short staffed. Healthcare workers have had enough. They can't take it anymore. They're walking away from taking care of covid patients. It's NOT because "hospitals are firing ALL those RN's who refuse to vaccinate." Around here, it wasn't the frontliners, it was the rehab, baby nurses, clinic workers who DIDN'T SEE the covid sh'tsh'ow that refused vaccinations.
It's very sad to see, & has made a whole lot of really good, caring people I know feel very resentful towards a certain subset of folks.

At this point I trust Joe Rogan more then fauci, cdc, or any gov. talking head.
Anyway when the third shot doesn’t do the trick, hopefully the fourth will. You know it’s coming.
Isn’t the death toll from Omicron at 1 or 2 currently? Countries are shutting down again over this. More people have died huffing compressed air then been killed by omicron this last week. Lol
It’s time to stop living in fear and move on.

Edit: UK has confirmed 24,968 of big O cases and 7 people have died. 0.00028035885934 is your chance of dying . Probably even less when you factor there’s thousands of unconfirmed cases.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's very sad to see, & has made a whole lot of really good, caring people I know feel very resentful towards a certain subset of folks.
Lots of resentment out there these days on all fronts, but resenting Americans for exercising their rights and freedoms (especially their own healthcare decisions) should never be part of that IMO. Our rights and freedoms and the foundation of our nation are the things that should NEVER be compromised. And by the way, in April my vaccinated mom passed away. The Dr. told us that she needed to be in the ICU but they didn't have any room at that time. I don't have any resentment at all towards this new all-combined group called "the unvaccinated".

A bigger question should be.......if Covid is still such an issue, then where are all the triage type units that were set up in 2020 when the hospitals were overloaded with Covid patients.......tent cities and warehouses full of patients........etc? Bring them back if it's that big of deal right now, and use them for only Covid patients. We haven't heard word one about any of that since last year. Heck, our governor has said that we only have 1500 ICU beds in the entire state. That sure doesn't sound like many for such a "crisis" as they keep making this out to be. If we use that as an average, that means that there are ~99,925,000 unvaccinated Americans NOT using those beds. Resentment towards the entire "group" seems misguided. That's akin to blaming all gun-owning Americans (or the guns themselves) for the minuscule percentage of Americans (and illegals) that are committing crimes with guns.

Last edited:
At this point I trust Joe Rogan more then fauci, cdc, or any gov. talking head.
Anyway when the third shot doesn’t do the trick, hopefully the fourth will. You know it’s coming.
Isn’t the death toll from Omicron at 1 or 2 currently? Countries are shutting down again over this. More people have died huffing compressed air then been killed by omicron this last week. Lol
It’s time to stop living in fear and move on.

Edit: UK has confirmed 24,968 of big O cases and 7 people have died. 0.00028035885934 is your chance of dying . Probably even less when you factor there’s thousands of unconfirmed cases.
You do realize how this virus works right?

You don't die the second you get it. You spend weeks or months sedated with a tube down your throat and machine breathing for you.

Hospitalization lags behind infections

And deaths lag behind hospitalization.

There's much smarter people than you or I diving into this stuff and then answer so far is it's too soon to tell.

Hopefully it's less virulent. The only thing known so far is it's highly transmissible.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

You do realize how this virus works right?

You don't die the second you get it. You spend weeks or months sedated with a tube down your throat and machine breathing for you.

Hospitalization lags behind infections

And deaths lag behind hospitalization.

There's much smarter people than you or I diving into this stuff and then answer so far is it's too soon to tell.

Hopefully it's less virulent. The only thing known so far is it's highly transmissible.

Yes I am aware. Also aware it’s been around a while now. It doesn’t appear to be the boogeyman some are hoping for.

Then you'd also understand why your math above doesn't check out.

How many are in ICUs on ventilators with omicron that will die in the coming weeks?

My math works out just fine. If you worry about the omicron variant there is little I can do to help you understand it’s nothing to worry about.