What am I doing wrong?

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
There is an older gentleman on the Boise thread who indicated that he wouldn't be able to hunt elk anymore because he is no longer able to get it packed out..... Perhaps you could volunteer to help him for a year. Not hunting, just learning.

Beendare

WKR
Not OP, but I’m genuinely interested in what you mean by this. It jibes with my experience but I want to hear more about what you mean…
About developing hunting skills?

Look, I know my post to the OP sounded harsh- my apologies for that, but it's the reality of hunting these days. There is a lot of competition....and these critters sense the pressure.

I'm not going to write a book here on hunting technique....a lot of it you have to figure out on your own. The best hunters I know are students on the game- constantly learning. There is no one perfect strategy.

I've helped a guide buddy with his hunters in Rifle seasons and most of the other hunters we run into [limited draw units] have not even seen an elk- so this is the norm. Heck, I've gone days without seeing critters myself.

I will tell you one thing that will increase animal sightings; You can't be afraid of the dark.