I need better sleep

I struggle with the same sleep problems you do and I have turned to a liquid melatonin supplement and it helps a lot but doesn't solve the problem 100%. However it'll help you stay asleep longer and when you do wake up I take some more to fall back asleep and it helps me doze off again. I have been using it for the past 3 years and will continue to until it quits working for me.

yardwork

Lil-Rokslider
I will add yoga to the list of ideas to help you relax and unwind. If you do a search on YouTube for 'yoga for bedtime' or something similar you will have several good videos come up. Could be some underlying stress or tension built up from sitting causing sleep issues so a few sessions may be helpful. I know I carry stress in my back, neck and shoulders so a good stretching/quasi yoga routine helps me sleep better. When I don't I either struggle to fall asleep or wake up after my deep sleep and I'm so restless I can't return to sleep. Stretching out doing some breathing exercises really helps. Good luck.

elkguide

WKR
I'm one of those yoga students/believers too. I have also started Tai Chi classes and combined they are certainly keeping these tired bones and muscles moving.

I have had good luck taking a ZMA supplement nightly before I go to bed. Seems to help get to sleep and stay asleep. I have also tried supplementing with GABA (can't remember what that stands for, some sort of acid). Definitely helped me fall asleep but caused very lucid dreams and resulted in less restful sleep.