Idaho Spring Bear

IDVortex

WKR
All I hope is to find a bear and kill it. That's all that matters to me. Or a wolf, if I got a wolf over a bear, I'd be okay with that. But I'd really would like to take my non-capable gun and to light of cartridge out and kill something with it again.

I'm in SW Idaho and had a bear hit my bait site already, however it was shortly after midnight. I haven't seen any out moving around while Ive been glassing during the day yet.

JCNorthID

FNG
Not much snow this year and things are green all over. I had success last year just walking old logging roads that have not been used and are really green in North Central Idaho around the 3200 foot elevation.

Cwagsta

FNG
What optic are y’all south and central Idaho bear hunter using? I know it might be a tired topic but I’m flirting with the idea of a higher magnification bino. I dont typically hunt super thick country. I’ve been running 10x40 leicas for years because I was convinced that the weight savings was worth it. I recently went on a trip where the glassing was 1-2000 yards in any direction. I quickly found my 10x was a bit too underpowered for my eyes anyway. I know there are certainly more experienced glassers that could have done it much better than I. But I’ll just say if I didn’t have a spotting scope to glass I likely wouldn’t have been able to find anything.

So long story short what’s the consensus for spring bear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuenstock

FNG
I’m in central/south Idaho and really like 12x50 binos on a tripod. The tripod makes all the difference!
I’m after meat not trophies so I can mostly get away with the 12x50 binos on a tripod and leave the spotter in the truck.

IDVortex

WKR
12x50 guys, do you use them as your primary ones aswell, keep them in a bino case or do you have a smaller ones for just walking and a quick glass?